Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dms!

Hey everyone, just joined to post my thoughts on the concert.

Got there at 2.45pm with my friend, we got to see Tom when he came out to everyone but didn't bother going up to him. The queue was awful - security were incredibly unprofessional, i'm really surprised the promoters want people like that working for them. One guy in particular was horrible (short, kept cursing at everyone) There were a couple of people over from Spain (I think!) and they looked genuinely shocked when someone asked said security man about a pit and he said "f*ck sake, didn't i already f*cking tell all of yaz there won't be one" and muttered some other curse words.
    The people in the queue weren't too annoying, just some emo kids in front of me, a group of about 8-10 and 2 of them had backpacks on and kept hitting into us with them. Two of them were playing spitting games (who can spit furthest, etc) for about 20 minutes :|

My friend and I bought some drinks to have in the queue since we thought it was 21+ for the bar (it was actually 19+ - i'm 20/shes 18 and they served her multiple times anyways!) Ended up drinking way too much but still remember all of the concert!

We got to the front and center for Twin Atlantic but I left after one song and went back to the bar, they were awful and even though the standing area was still a bit empty it was beginning to feel hot and cramped.
    For Blink's set I stayed over on the right side and had a decent view. Some guy in a white tshirt who was about 6 feet (i'm 5'3) came up about halfways through the set and started elbowing my boobs and side to try and get in past me, thought it was very rude. I told him to stop once and he didn't, so I got a little p'd off and said "look, stop elbowing me on purpose, its rude" he said "theres 400 people in this row, they're pushing me"...which they weren't, even the guy on the other side of him said nobody else was pushing. I said "if you want to get in by somebody then ask, i have no problem letting you in if you have manners. don't hurt people to get closer" he walked off a few seconds later. Not sure why he wanted to get my place anyways, he could see over everyones heads. He was also taking individual pictures of the security and staff working (while Blink were on stage!) which I thought was a bit weird! Seen lots of other people purposely elbowing people and such, really really rude. Its a rock concert and I expect it to happen but not purposely. Also noticed a lot of younger people at it, i'm 20 but pass for 16/17 but still felt like a bit of a granny compared to most of the other girls at it!

Didn't bother buying any merch, the print quality looked bad for the price. Really wanted a hoodie but a. the design wasn't too good, b. didn't want to pay 50 euros for something that would have a cracked print within a few weeks!

Went to Fibbers afterwards but left at 1ish because it was pretty quiet! (If the guy who made plenty of eye contact with me inside at the bar, in the smoking area and later on O Connoll St sees this - hi! :P)

Really good night, would definitely go back again but next time I won't be queueing for a pit pass, I realized last night just how great the views are all over the arena!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

damselnat wrote: »
    I had to watch it from the back as I lost my shoes
    Were they blue nike runners by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 FeatherWeather

If anybody got any pictures with a girl in a banana, send them my way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

No, just plain flat black pumps. Guy who worked there gave me a pair to wear home, nice of him but they were too small for me, and mean some other girl is missing her shoes, so if anyone's missing a pair of flat black size 5 shoes, PM me....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Whillikers

Did you find a pair or just one of them?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

dms! wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just joined to post my thoughts on the concert.

Got there at 2.45pm with my friend, we got to see Tom when he came out to everyone but didn't bother going up to him. The queue was awful - security were incredibly unprofessional, i'm really surprised the promoters want people like that working for them. One guy in particular was horrible (short, kept cursing at everyone) There were a couple of people over from Spain (I think!) and they looked genuinely shocked when someone asked said security man about a pit and he said "f*ck sake, didn't i already f*cking tell all of yaz there won't be one" and muttered some other curse words.
    The people in the queue weren't too annoying, just some emo kids in front of me, a group of about 8-10 and 2 of them had backpacks on and kept hitting into us with them. Two of them were playing spitting games (who can spit furthest, etc) for about 20 minutes :|

My friend and I bought some drinks to have in the queue since we thought it was 21+ for the bar (it was actually 19+ - i'm 20/shes 18 and they served her multiple times anyways!) Ended up drinking way too much but still remember all of the concert!

We got to the front and center for Twin Atlantic but I left after one song and went back to the bar, they were awful and even though the standing area was still a bit empty it was beginning to feel hot and cramped.
    For Blink's set I stayed over on the right side and had a decent view. Some guy in a white tshirt who was about 6 feet (i'm 5'3) came up about halfways through the set and started elbowing my boobs and side to try and get in past me, thought it was very rude. I told him to stop once and he didn't, so I got a little p'd off and said "look, stop elbowing me on purpose, its rude" he said "theres 400 people in this row, they're pushing me"...which they weren't, even the guy on the other side of him said nobody else was pushing. I said "if you want to get in by somebody then ask, i have no problem letting you in if you have manners. don't hurt people to get closer" he walked off a few seconds later. Not sure why he wanted to get my place anyways, he could see over everyones heads. He was also taking individual pictures of the security and staff working (while Blink were on stage!) which I thought was a bit weird! Seen lots of other people purposely elbowing people and such, really really rude. Its a rock concert and I expect it to happen but not purposely. Also noticed a lot of younger people at it, i'm 20 but pass for 16/17 but still felt like a bit of a granny compared to most of the other girls at it!

Didn't bother buying any merch, the print quality looked bad for the price. Really wanted a hoodie but a. the design wasn't too good, b. didn't want to pay 50 euros for something that would have a cracked print within a few weeks!

Went to Fibbers afterwards but left at 1ish because it was pretty quiet! (If the guy who made plenty of eye contact with me inside at the bar, in the smoking area and later on O Connoll St sees this - hi! :P)

Really good night, would definitely go back again but next time I won't be queueing for a pit pass, I realized last night just how great the views are all over the arena!

what entrance where you at?? didnt know tom came out ? thought it was just mark that came out at entrance 3 to hand out the stickkers

A V A wrote: »
    what entrance where you at?? didnt know tom came out ? thought it was just mark that came out at entrance 3 to hand out the stickkers

Oh sorry I meant Mark! Entrance 3. I only got 2hrs sleep last night so I'm not all with it :P

someone in front of us said Travis was out at some point but I didn't see him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

travis barkers drum solo. does anybody know the backin track to this or any of the hip/hop stuff that was played last night. it was catchy :D

pretty sure it was 99 problems by jay-z.

all i can say is.....EPIC! absolutely loved every minute of it! i was on my boyfriend's back for a lot of it so I had a great view even if we were quite far back! have to admit to getting a little emotional at one point and nearly crying.....yes, i am sad :p
    Loved Josie (though nobody around me seemed to know it...think I sang loud enough for them all though!), Carousel was awesome and Family Reunion was such a fun way to end! fantastic night...went on the big wheel afterwards!! :D

Oh sorry I meant Mark! Entrance 3. I only got 2hrs sleep last night so I'm not all with it :P

someone in front of us said Travis was out at some point but I didn't see him!

no he wasnt out i was there all day and i would of heard people screaming if he was !! he walkd passed the gap but we all only saw him for a second

A V A wrote: »
    no he wasnt out i was there all day and i would of heard people screaming if he was !! he walkd passed the gap but we all only saw him for a second

Oh really? Guess someone just wanted to try make us jealous or something then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Whillikers wrote: »
    Did you find a pair or just one of them?
    There was a guy walking back from the front holding a pair of shoes up in the air

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Travis' twitter: Dublin,Ireland you rocked.That show was so fun.

Mark's twitter: Dublin RULED last night! Such an amazing crowd!! Thanks for a great show.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Oh really? Guess someone just wanted to try make us jealous or something then!

Could have booked the (likely) same flight to vienna if they wanted to try and make us properly jealous :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

No, just plain flat black pumps. Guy who worked there gave me a pair to wear home, nice of him but they were too small for me, and mean some other girl is missing her shoes, so if anyone's missing a pair of flat black size 5 shoes, PM me....

were you the girl with one shoes at the end of the show? i found a black pump style shoe at the barrier and as i was walking away i say a girl with the other shoe on her foot. i told here where the other one was but i dont know if she ever got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Did anyone that was in the queue from about 10ish see those retards who kept throwing little small toy dog things?

Also.
    I had a sign that was for hndsm rndsm, but more importantly I was trying to intake people to follow me on twitter on the other side. Anyone get to see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

I think post-blink depression has just about set in. I want to go back! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

CMpunked wrote: »
    Did anyone that was in the queue from about 10ish see those retards who kept throwing little small toy dog things?

Also.
    I had a sign that was for hndsm rndsm, but more importantly I was trying to intake people to follow me on twitter on the other side. Anyone get to see it?

yes.

and nope.

though i had a sign for hndsm rndsm....was second row, saw signs getting taken off people around me...so wasnt gonna bother til a bit in..(unless i got barrier), then ended up getting travis's drumstick 3 songs in...and ended up in the corner >.< had to hold it against my chest as if i put my arm down with it..it'd might disappear....was basically dead about 9 songs in as my chest was hurting so much (i'd have been able to handle it, but my arm was there >.<) so got pulled out....
    then later was pretty back-ish....held up the sign some woman asked me to stop....:mad: i mean i could understand..but there was plenty of room..and she was the only one complaining...she could have moved half a metre either way and still have the same perfect view.

so yeah my attempts failed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    were you the girl with one shoes at the end of the show? i found a black pump style shoe at the barrier and as i was walking away i say a girl with the other shoe on her foot. i told here where the other one was but i dont know if she ever got it.

That could have been me, I went back afterwards and found one, but couldn't find the other one, I don't hold out much hope if getting them back, they were only cheap things anyway, what p1sses me off more is the guy that knocked the camera out of my hand and threw it across the crowd. I'm not a violent person, but if I'd know which of the tonnes of guys it was behind me I would have given him a right slap! I loved that camera :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Back home in Sligo..

.. was thinking back to the gig all day and christ I really enjoyed it.

The crowd was shockingly young and largely f*cking really immature. But as people have said, it was great to belt out songs like Carousel and Josie (when the younger crowd clearly hadn't heard anything-pre 'Enema of The State' bar 'Dammit' obviously... Perfect way to close the show by the way).

Was more than happy with the 80 minute set overall.

Tomorrow to work, I'll be wearing my €10 Blink shirt I picked up after the gig (€25 for them inside The O2 was a bit much).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I knew every blink song...but what shocked me most was some guy beside me who was singing along to Twin Atlantic LOL, he knew every word perfectly...

One hell of a concert though, but kinda felt bad cos i stepped on some poor gob****e's camera and the crunch of the lens wasn't nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

and also, there was one absolute fat bull of a chap who kept starting mosh pits at every guitar solo, now i didn't mind as i could kinda push back into him but he was bashing full pelt into a load of 14 year old girls and knocking them flat...bad form

That could have been me, I went back afterwards and found one, but couldn't find the other one, I don't hold out much hope if getting them back, they were only cheap things anyway, what p1sses me off more is the guy that knocked the camera out of my hand and threw it across the crowd. I'm not a violent person, but if I'd know which of the tonnes of guys it was behind me I would have given him a right slap! I loved that camera :(:(

:eek::eek::eek::eek: was it a digital camera?????????? what pricks!!!!!!!!!!! thats real bad out

some one made a point about young imature kids em form what iv seen there were more imature older people than youngers !!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Still disappointed they didn't play Adam's Song despite being pretty pleased overall! Have Don't Leave Me stuck in my head all day - hadn't heard that song in around half a decade until I listened to it on the DART yesterday, and turned out to be a highlight of the concert. Strange how some of the songs came flooding back when they started playing. I vaguely remembered Carousel when it started, having not heard it in far too long, but was singing along again by the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Johnny,

Adam's Song was never on the cards unfortunately due to the whole DJ AM thing. Yep, probably one if my favorites of theirs also.

But yeah, Don't Leave Me was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

at least they were not expensive shoes. there was some girl standing in front of me for the first three songs in high heels, she stood on my toes so much i though one of my toes was severed. who the feck wears high heels to a bink show?

shame about the camera, they sound like proper dickheads.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just read up on DJ AM / Adam's Song thing there, wasn't aware they actually have purposefully stopped playing it! It's just the one song of theirs which actually goes above and beyond mere fun rock IMO, genuinely affecting song. Others like Stay Together for the Kids just don't have the same emotion as Adam's Song, or seem more forced and a little cheesy. And, mostly, Adam's Song is simply a fantastically energetic rock song. Shame to hear it has been temporarily retired, although for understandable reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

The gig was amazing. Reckless abandon was one of the highlights and violence was a nice surprise for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

I think the song they played before the drum solo was Dirt Off Your Shoulders - Jay Z

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

Jesus fuk1n christ there was some freaks at it!!

well i walked into Que at round 5 ..skipped that in the sly and got up the front... wasn't really bothered if it wasn't fair on the rest tbh.ha

got in and was a the barrier !!

well happy... apart from some fat freaks that tried get past me inside... regretted that anyway the stupid freaks!!!

some gig!!! buzzzzin!!!

• Advertisement

Jesus fukin christ there was some freaks at it!!

well i walked into Que at round 5 ..skipped that in the sly and got up the front... wasn't really bothered if it wasn't fair on the rest tbh.ha

got in and was a the barrier !!

well happy... apart from some fat freaks that tried get past me inside... regretted that anyway the stupid freaks!!!

some gig!!! buzzzzin!!!

so your able to skip the que and not care about anyone about yourself and then when someone try's to do excactly what you did , you were having none of it ????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Advertisement