Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

no..becasue loads a people skipped in all around me in the que outside , didn't mind that but when we get in and the sh1t begins ..... thats different !!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jesus fukin christ there was some freaks at it!!

well i walked into Que at round 5 ..skipped that in the sly and got up the front... wasn't really bothered if it wasn't fair on the rest tbh.ha

got in and was a the barrier !!

well happy... apart from some fat freaks that tried get past me inside... regretted that anyway the stupid freaks!!!

some gig!!! buzzzzin!!!

hmm_yes_i_see_youre_a_moron_trollcat.jpg

basquille wrote: »
    hmm_yes_i_see_youre_a_moron_trollcat.jpg

;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

no..becasue loads a people skipped in all around me in the que outside , didn't mind that but when we get in and the sh1t begins ..... thats different !!

there is no difference , if its ok for you to skip people well then its ok for people to skip you , take what you give man !!! i would have loved o be in the first part cause we would have just thrown you back over ;):p:D i was just just at the barrier after the first little bit in the que

ah welll i not really bothered !! :)
    ha ya course ;)
    where were you in the que ? 3rd entrance ?

• Advertisement

ah welll i not really bothered !! :)
    ha ya course ;)
    where were you in the que ? 3rd entrance ?

ah ye neither am i , people that had a smirk on their face and laughing at us got a slap ;):)

i was indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Reckless Abandon and Violence are alright songs but I think there would have been better choices to play than those. Loads of good stuff unplayed off Dude Ranch. I like Stockholm Syndrome a lot but they ought to skip live it if Mark can't sing those high notes like on the album.

Down is probably my least favourite song on the setlist, don't know how that was a single.

I prefer I Miss You to Stay Together for the Kids but Adam's Song is definitely my favourite of their slower tempo ballad-y singles. Shame it wasn't played but I respect their decision not to perform it live after Adam Goldstein's passing.

Down is probably my least favourite song on the setlist, don't know how that was a single.
    I'd agree with you there..

.. actually, 'Not Now' is probably my least favourite of their new stuff. But 'Down' isn't far behind!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

I wonder what odd's I would have got in the bookies ten or so years ago(well before TOYPAJ) if I said to them I bet you in ten yrs blink-182 will perform an amazing sold out concert followed by guns and roses being bottled the next day in same venue hahaha blink rocked big time

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

.. actually, 'Not Now' is probably my least favourite of their new stuff. But 'Down' isn't far behind!

'not now' is one of my all time favourite blink songs. i am content with life after hearing it last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Oh yeah, Not Now. That was one song I didn't know as I've never given it a proper listen.

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    'not now' is one of my all time favourite blink songs. i am content with life after hearing it last night.

i absolutely love that tune :P really good song

that self titled album was a greta album so many great songs on it

I couldn't have asked for better seats anyways.. was sitting facing the stage in Block D. Was chuffed!

Fair fecks to those standing but to be honest, I wasn't regretting my seat when I looked down at the absolutely sardine can that was the standing area! ;)

I couldn't have asked for better seats anyways.. was sitting facing the stage in Block D. Was chuffed!

Fair fecks to those standing but to be honest, I wasn't regretting my seat when I looked down at the absolutely sardine can that was the standing area! ;)

ye man it was horible :P i think i will be sitting next time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sitting at a Blink 182 concert?

For shame sir ;)

Wasn't too bad down stairs, it had been my first proper standing rock concert in a while so was a nice change of pace. Sweaty. But nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

mark182 wrote: »
    I wonder what odd's I would have got in the bookies ten or so years ago(well before TOYPAJ) if I said to them I bet you in ten yrs blink-182 will perform an amazing sold out concert followed by guns and roses being bottled the next day in same venue hahaha blink rocked big time

That's the FIRST thing I'm doing when I get this time machine working properly.
    I caused the plane crash in 08 there a few minutes ago to set the wheels in motion for last night.
    Haven't been able to get the blasted thing going again since I went into the future and had a listen to this new album.
    Track 4 is good...

Anyways, yeah, your welcome guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

looks like we got a good night to be at the 02 i.e. not tonight.

Sitting at a Blink 182 concert?

For shame sir ;)

Wasn't too bad down stairs, it had been my first proper standing rock concert in a while so was a nice change of pace. Sweaty. But nice.
    I'm turning 27.. to quote Roger Murtaugh: "I'm getting too old for this sh*t!"

I've got some nice seated tickets for Arcade Fire too.. nice cup of tea and a sit down and I'm happy. To be fair, there wasn't one person in the balcony that was "sitting"
    _sparkie_ wrote: »
    looks like we got a good night to be at the 02 i.e. not tonight.
    Damn straight.. what a nightmare!

guys im snapping !!!!!! look at this pic from guns and roses ( at the start :P )
    ysik.jpg

my god i wish we had that room at blink 182 !!!!!! so much space there

A V A wrote: »
    my god i wish we had that room at blink 182 !!!!!! so much space there
    Ha.. good point sir!

Mark Hoppus should become an absolute b*llocks and walk off stage so we can all stretch our legs a bit!

• Advertisement

Ha.. good point sir!

Mark Hoppus should become an absolute b*llocks and walk off stage so we can all stretch our legs a bit!

hahaha

but i wonder when that pic was taken??

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

It was a fantastic show, enjoyed every minute of it. Was at the last show in the Point which was great but after thinking about it, last nights shows was much better, their stage presence was better and the banter between the two was great. Also, last time the songs felt very rushed, but this time the songs seemed to be played at their normal tempos. Got a good video of the drum solo, uploaded it at 6pm and still hasn't processed:confused: I enjoyed Twin Atlantic too, I have their album and knew a lot of the songs

I've been to a lot of gigs and never seen so many fights nearly break out, I saw about 4 or 5 almost break out within about 20 feet of me, it was over silly things really, "stop bumping into me" etc etc they never came to punches just lots of shoving. There was one topless guy too who was falling around the crowd around me, the guy didn't look conscious at all, I presume he drank too much, and seemed he was only kept on his feet by the people he was bumping into, he fell a few times too and was helped up which was good to see.

i just dont under stand how some poeple can just get so twisted at gigs etc or even drunk

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

*adele* wrote: »
    I think the song they played before the drum solo was Dirt Off Your Shoulders - Jay Z

Ah nice one! I knew it sounded familiar, but i knew it wasnt 99 problems like someone said earlier! And it was driving me crazy all day! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

i just dont under stand how some poeple can just get so twisted at gigs etc or even drunk

If I didn't know the band's material well enough I would definitely have a few pints beforehand. But seeing any of my favourite bands, I'd want to make sure I remember every little detail. I bet there's kids out there who have waited years for Blink to come to Ireland and can now remember fcuk all from the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Bloody brilliant gig, had a great time. Didn't think there was any tension or anything between mark and tom like someone was saying. We seriously didn't like the support act, found myself tapping my foot to one song and then the OH pointed out it was a copy of another song. Blink played a freakin blinder.
    Had similar old people feeling, we were all 23 and 22 in our group. Found most of the crowd to be pretty well behaved,just having fun. There were a few pricks though who were taking the pushing and elbowing too far. We were ok, 3 of us lads in our group are all big guys,but there were younger people getting squished by jerks, pushed them back now and then. Like a handful seemed to be going out of their way to pick on girls and the younger folk, they got flung out of the way. Especially some dick in a white top, he kept slamming into some teen girl beside me,then elbowed my OH hard and pulled her hair going by, sorry to anyone he landed against :D

While the support seemed to drag, Blink flew by. Lots of people didn't seem to know the older stuff like carousel, we all got gravelly voices singing along. Drum solo was epic.
    Guy beside me gave his blink tshirt to a girl beside me, who promised him sex if he came to donegal as thanks, his grin was highly contagious. :)

Bus was packed from georges quay, driver said he'd call for another one, wondering did they get it?
    Feel sorry for the people at GnR

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

ye man it was horible :P i think i will be sitting next time

I take you guys are both about 90 years of age?

budgemook wrote: »
    Not far off..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nerin wrote: »
    Guy beside me gave his blink tshirt to a girl beside me, who promised him sex if he came to donegal as thanks, his grin was highly contagious. :)
    /Note to self - Next time start handing out t-shirts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

budgemook wrote: »
    Not far off..
    Youre both younger then me!:eek::mad::(:pac:

edit: expect you budgemook :P

Advertisement