Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

A V A wrote: »
    3 chord pop punk band???????? i fcuking hate that saying :mad::mad::mad::mad: and they arent a 3 chord band !!

I don't mind them writing that considering the article actually showed Blink in a good light.
    Most music journalists out there would sneer at Blink 182, this guy attended, enjoyed and wrote a positive review of their concert.

The days people slated Blink for being too immature are still fresh in my mind, and then Tom goes all serious with /\v/\ and they slate him for that as well. At least now these people don't dismiss Blink anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Cool. Does the plec have a blink smiley face on it?

i have marks white one with the blink face and he said he has another one with an octopus on it hahah i was like ye thats marks one he said he had a red one with a g on it and i said that was toms and then said " i lost that one" :rolleyes::rolleyes: disgracefull

i have marks white one with the blink face and he said he has another one with an octopus on it hahah i was like ye thats marks one he said he had a red one with a g on it and i said that was toms and then said " i lost that one" :rolleyes::rolleyes: disgracefull

Mark had that Octopus on his website too. Cover from Blink's new album perhaps?

ye he gave us stickers when he came out to us in the cue

and thats been his logo for a while now

i dont think its gunna be the next logo
    i say it will still be the blink face with extra arrow but the design might be diferent and travis said they are getting the guy who did the art work for the last record to do this one

• Advertisement

Kerrang! has a really great article in the blink-182 cover issue this week. Perhaps the most accurate since we reformed... about 12 hours ago via TweetDeck

From Mark's twitter.
    Keep an eye out for Kerrang folks

do people want me to post the kerrang article???

nd allso i think i might start a thread with all blink updates etc :P would people mind ??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Yeah if you have it that'd be great!

nd allso i think i might start a thread with all blink updates etc :P would people mind ??

Yes please!
    And a Blink update thread would be handy. Is there a limit for how long this thread can stay open after the gig has ended?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

You can post the Kerrang article here but for updates in the future I'd prefer if you created a thread in a more suited forum, such as Music, Punk or Rock/Metal. No problem posting here if you have an update which pertains to this gig.

No limit on how long this thread can stay open for but sure there's only so much you can talk about. :)

• Advertisement

You can post the Kerrang article here but for updates in the future I'd prefer if you created a thread in a more suited forum, such as Music, Punk or Rock/Metal. No problem posting here if you have an update which pertains to this gig.

No limit on how long this thread can stay open for but sure there's only so much you can talk about. :)

ye i know it would be more suited on a different forum but cheer i will :)

Great interview.
    Thanks for posting /\v/\

Great interview.
    Thanks for posting /\v/\

no bodge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I really only expected them to be alright, but I admit they were actually amazing.

Here's a few vids I took, sorry about the sound quality

Travis' drum solo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baGcgeI-Rzk

A small clip of I Miss You
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HPQeUW4yzg&feature=channel

And a clip of Stay Together For The Kids
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbvDqAcGyoA&feature=channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭kris44

Does anyone remember the full set list?? I've searched online and through this thread but cant find it.

Brilliant concert! I was on the balcony but everyone around me was jumping up and down singing their lungs out so didnt lose out on any of the atmosphere! After reading about the morons in the crowd on the floor Im glad I was up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

kris44 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the full set list?? I've searched online and through this thread but cant find it.
    Here you go!
    Setlist:
    1. Dumpweed
    2. Feeling This
    3. The Rock Show
    4. What's My Age Again?
    5. Violence
    6. I Miss You
    7. Stay Together For The Kids
    8. Down
    9. Always
    10. Stockholm Syndrome
    11. First Date
    12. Man Overboard
    13. Don't Leave Me
    14. Not Now
    15. All The Small Things
    16. Reckless Abandon
    17. Josie
    18. Anthem Part 2

Encore:
    19. Drum Solo
    20. Carousel
    21. Dammit
    22. Family Reunion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭kris44

Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Chavez

I, unfortunately, was one of the girls pushing from front to back. I just could not breathe whatsoever. I'm 5'8" and it seemed everyone around me was taller. And I was just breathing in their body heat. Was literally on my tippy toes trying to suck in some fresh air. Before giving up entirely. Lol. I have no bad words about the crowd at all. Everyone I met were nothing but stars. And I mean EVERYONE. Not one asshole. Immature kid. Did enjoy all the sweaty writhing bodies I have to say :P Woooo!

• Advertisement

Chavez wrote: »
    I, unfortunately, was one of the girls pushing from front to back. I just could not breathe whatsoever. I'm 5'8" and it seemed everyone around me was taller. And I was just breathing in their body heat. Was literally on my tippy toes trying to suck in some fresh air. Before giving up entirely. Lol. I have no bad words about the crowd at all. Everyone I met were nothing but stars. And I mean EVERYONE. Not one asshole. Immature kid. Did enjoy all the sweaty writhing bodies I have to say :P Woooo!

were about wre you ?? infornt of mark or tom and were you in the cue

Chavez wrote: »
    I, unfortunately, was one of the girls pushing from front to back. I just could not breathe whatsoever. I'm 5'8" and it seemed everyone around me was taller. And I was just breathing in their body heat. Was literally on my tippy toes trying to suck in some fresh air. Before giving up entirely. Lol.

That sounds dangerous. Perhaps there should have been a pit.

I was standing to the left in an spot which wasn't jammers at all and still had a great view of the stage... love The O2 for that. It was weird though cause there seemed to be a decent amount of standing space... perhaps a serious amount of people had moved nearer to the front barrier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Chavez

I was about three people from the front. More towards Tom. Just almost in his eyeline. We arrived in queue just after five. Over in Harry's and the Gibson havin' a few beers first. So we were almost at the very back. Even managed to get a few drinks in at the bar in the o2 as well. Lol.

I was standing to the left in an spot which wasn't jammers at all and still had a great view of the stage... love The O2 for that. It was weird though cause there seemed to be a decent amount of standing space... perhaps a serious amount of people had moved nearer to the front barrier.

the left side was bad to , i was squashed im a small but heafty lad and i couldnt breath and i was jumping to get fresh air haha

ye th 02 is great regarding the views but if your up the front your neck does be in bits from looking up :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

That was the first thing i thought when i arrived didnt seem as packed around the standing area

it was packed up the front :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

it was packed up the front :S

It was extremely packed up the front. Dangerously packed. I was right in front of Tom (about 3 to 4 rows back) for the first two songs but I literally couldn't breath and had no choice to move back. I'm not tall, I'm not well built, and I'd lost my friends. I was asking for trouble staying there. There were some really nice people in the crowd though that helped me out of the pit!

The gig was amazing though, even from further down the back!

I'm still puzzled why MCD and/or The O2 didn't put up a pit at this one. The precedent in my view seemed to be the rock gigs that were likely to have a sizable young audience which queued up in advance. Blink seemed to fit in to that category.

Maybe they're sick of people standing in a queue all day outside The O2, for whatever reason.

I'm still puzzled why MCD and/or The O2 didn't put up a pit at this one. The precedent in my view seemed to be the rock gigs that were likely to have a sizable young audience which queued up in advance. Blink seemed to fit in to that category.

Maybe they're sick of people standing in a queue all day outside The O2, for whatever reason.

thats is stupid if they are sick of people quing !!!!!! they will never stop that and its been done for years !!!!

• Advertisement

thats is stupid if they are sick of people quing !!!!!! they will never stop that and its been done for years !!!!

If they remove the pit for all future concerts though, is there any incentive to queue up so early? Unless you want to get to the front barrier, but those spots would get filled up pretty quickly.

I'm sure some of you who queued up really early were pissed to find no pit on entering the venue. I would have been.

Advertisement