Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options
1333435363739»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

personally i couldnt care weather there was a pit or not , the crack is amazing and met really cool people :) and scored aswel ;) im even going over to manchester to two people i was in the line with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Cool man, personally I hate queuing but it can be a great way of meeting people all the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

If they remove the pit for all future concerts though, is there any incentive to queue up so early? Unless you want to get to the front barrier, but those spots would get filled up pretty quickly.

I'm sure some of you who queued up really early were pissed to find no pit on entering the venue. I would have been.

Personally I think it's a lot more chaotic without a pit. It's fun if you can handle it, torture if you can't. However, it does give the people who couldn't queue early to push into a better spot..

It has its pros and cons.. Overall, I think I prefer it without the pit..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Personally I think it's a lot more chaotic without a pit. It's fun if you can handle it, torture if you can't. However, it does give the people who couldn't queue early to push into a better spot..

It has its pros and cons.. Overall, I think I prefer it without the pit..

exactly.
    i ended up getting pulled out from second row very early...after about 5/6 songs.....but asked, and only did so because i didnt want to lose the drumstick i caught :pac: (and if i fainted i'd probaly definately lose it...)
    it wasn't that bad....chaotic is way funner! and if not get out of there! dont see why people complain about it really...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

When we were queuing up security told us that the only one they ever did a pit for was paramore, and apparently it was a disaster, so never again. The o2 isn't designed for a pit according to him. Not sure if I believe that but it's what we were told.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

kateos2 wrote: »
    When we were queuing up security told us that the only one they ever did a pit for was paramore, and apparently it was a disaster, so never again. The o2 isn't designed for a pit according to him. Not sure if I believe that but it's what we were told.

2 things about that,
    There was no problems with a pit at paramore. Unless he meant for people who didn't get into the pit?

And there was a pit for greenday and journey.
    So I dunno what he's on about. Wouldn't take it as gospel really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

CMpunked wrote: »
    2 things about that,
    There was no problems with a pit at paramore. Unless he meant for people who didn't get into the pit?

And there was a pit for greenday and journey.
    So I dunno what he's on about. Wouldn't take it as gospel really.

ah yeah I know, I thought there had been more pits than at paramore. He probably just said it to shut people up. I would have thought that of all people blink would have had one.

Not many gigs have pits set up. I've worked at some gigs there and Muse and Green Day were the only gigs that had pits. Journey (Def Leppard gig) didn't have a pit.

Interesting that he said The O2 wasn't designed to have a pit. The pit at Paramore could have been a disaster for a not-so obvious reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Interesting that he said The O2 wasn't designed to have a pit. The pit at Paramore could have been a disaster for a not-so obvious reason.

how so?

• Advertisement

Disaster is too strong a word, all I'm saying is it could have been a problem with the pit for a reason which wasn't so apparent. Could have been size, the placing of the barriers, the number of people that gained access, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Was one at Muse alright. And the venue is horrible with a pit in it. Restricts everything way too much, with too little space behind the sound man for everybody else to move around before/after the show.

Advertisement