Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Go here tomorrow morning at 9am and enter your 8 digit password!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

Mr.S wrote: »
    presale starts 9AM on Tuesday, just go on http://blueroom.o2online.ie/ and follow the links for the Blink presale. Then they'll ask you for your code and you can buy through ticketmaster:)

Presale is usually 10-15% of the total tickets, so thats a 1-2k tickets. If you log in at 9am you'll be grand:)

thank ya! fingers crossed it all goes well, i haven't used the o2 priority thing yet but my aunt tried to get miley cyrus tickets for her kids last year and apparently the o2 site went down when the presale started!

but there is a limited amount of presale tickets. there will still be well over 10,000 going on sale on thursday morning. even at that, I would be surprised if it sells out friday. Not a notion of another date, they wouldnt sell 30,000 tickets.

EDIT "Under 16s to be accompanied by an adult"
    lots of tickets wasted there :(

what was the capactity of the point? didn't they sell out that venue back in 2005 (i think they did at least..) not sure if it will sell out straight away but i reckon most/all of the standing tickets will be snapped up pretty quickly.

do they actually enforce that "under 16s to be accompanied by an adult"? i have been to a few concerts in my ~younger years~ where tickets said that yet they never bothered asking.
    i think it will probably be mostly 14+ year olds anyways (and its not hard to look 16 when you're 14...) most of the younger kids wouldn't know much about blink 182. i think 14 may even be pushing it anyways, that would mean a kid who was 9 when blink broke up and last toured here..i'd be VERY surprised if the audience was mostly younger teens.

edit: according to wiki the old venue held 8,500 standing / 6,300 seated and now the o2 holds 14,000 standing or 9,500 seating so no need to answer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Hoping Weezer will support since there playing the same day as them at reading and they supported them a few times last year on the american tour. Cant wait for this, their last concert in the point was the first concert i'd ever went to.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bugg wrote: »
    Hoping Weezer will support since there playing the same day as them at reading and they supported them a few times last year on the american tour. Cant wait for this, their last concert in the point was the first concert i'd ever went to.

Thats my logic for them supporting anyway. Altho Weezer could do Olympia/Vcar street show instead!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 jemmadm

So annoyed! I live in Manchester and can't text the Irish presale number despite using the dialling code etc and yes I am on O2 :(

A V A wrote: »
    the blink tour in america was cheap a lad i know flew over to vegas to see them play and the ticket was 25 dollars and it € thats rounghly 30 and panic! or some big names supotted them and on the other date tickets wer 20 dollars aswell all thanks to blink battling with their management

I went to both Las Vegas shows last year and it was crazy expensive, their fees are more ridiculous than ours...think it worked out about £50 a ticket. Also the support for those Las Vegas dates was Motion City Soundtrack, Chester French and Valencia, though yeah the other dates had Panic, FOB, Weezer and I think JEW support.

Anyone have the presale code, my gf got the message about it earlier but I haven't been able to get her on the phone since then. Been waiting for this gig for years

Eit: Just remember it's a unique code. I'll be damned if I miss this, was on their site this morning at4:15 am looking for an Irish gig.

A V A wrote: »
    hahaha wooops sorry im coming off way to strong ha but im just so pumped about this now and im 19 but i feel like im 19 listening to mutt and anthem for the first time awww god it makes me smile man

jimmy eat world would be good all those old skool bands would be kool not those new kind of emo bands

awwww goldfinger would be so good or lit hahaha but like people have said they wont be big name bands haha

Seriously I implore you to utilise the entire keyboard, reading your posts annoy me and I'm the furthest thing from a grammar nazi but you really take the cake.

I feel like a little kid on the first day of school or something..
    Have a burst eardrum atm so my hearing isn't great and i was worried last night I wouldn't hear my alarm..not to worry because I keep waking up every damn hour to check the time! Roll on 9am.

A lot of you guys mention Weezer..never heard their music. Are they similar to blink?

• Advertisement

Anyone have the presale code, my gf got the message about it earlier but I haven't been able to get her on the phone since then. Been waiting for this gig for years

Eit: Just remember it's a unique code. I'll be damned if I miss this, was on their site this morning at4:15 am looking for an Irish gig.
    As I said earlier Darko, it's only presale tickets that represent 10 - 15% of the final tickets that go on sale this morning with the unique code. I wouldn't be too worried about you not getting a ticket - advantage of being an O2 customer though.

Am in work early... knackered but got an alarm set to make sure I don't miss 9am! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

christ i remember the last gig in the point... i ended up landing on my head during sugarcult. good news is that i got into the pit to the barrier at the fron... that was pretty sweet. did they break up soon after that?

A lot of you guys mention Weezer..never heard their music. Are they similar to blink?
    You must have heard Weezer's music! :eek: Not really similar though.

They're a superb band but their stuff is, no offence to Blink 182, a tad more diverse. Although their stuff recently has been awful!

I reckon you have heard them and just don't know it though:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 hedon182

Hi there,
    UK O2 customer here, who is unable to send BLINK to either 51020 or our UK number!

Can anyone here please please please send me a presale code through pm, as i only realised now that i cannot get a code myself!
    Like above, I will willingly return with a code for any UK events!

Cheers

DrumSteve wrote: »
    christ i remember the last gig in the point... i ended up landing on my head during sugarcult. good news is that i got into the pit to the barrier at the fron... that was pretty sweet. did they break up soon after that?

I think the Dublin gig was their last concert back in Dec 04 and they broke up around feb/march 05.

basquille wrote: »
    You must have heard Weezer's music! :eek: Not really similar though.

They're a superb band but their stuff is, no offence to Blink 182, a tad more diverse. Although their stuff recently has been awful!

I reckon you have heard them and just don't know it though

ah, I have! I heard the "Island in the sun" song in a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie when I was younger (god I feel old..) never knew it was by weezer though!

Did you buy all 4 tickets? If not please can I retry your code?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Got mine :D

jemmadm wrote: »

Sent you my code too.. See someone else did aswell so if you don't use mine let me know and I can pass it on to someone else!

Got my tickets :D standing..freaked out when I recieved the email it said row g3 and seat numbers but it's deffo
    standing. Can't wait!!

• Advertisement

Meh..

97773873.jpg

I searched 8 - 10 times sine 9am minutes and I kept this same block. Either they're not selling, they're selling VEEERY slowly or they're the only block available for presale members.

Balls to that.. I'm not sitting far-left or far-right!

I'll wait for something more central or Thursday morning... don't care if it's a bit further back!

EDIT: It's actually the same seat each time I check.. they must be specifically reserved for my code. Feck that!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Got my tickets, going back to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 illmonkey

Anyone got a code, I cant text in.

PM please!!!

Mr.S wrote: »
    Check your PMs

You are bloody amazing. Thanks so so so much!

Mr.S wrote:
    o2 presales don't get the best seats either, thats in the general sale.
    Yeah.. I don't mind if I get a bit further back, but I'm not sitting that far left or right.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

Got four tickets, delighted!
    Got my tickets :D standing..freaked out when I recieved the email it said row g3 and seat numbers but it's deffo
    standing. Can't wait!!

My email confirmed it as standing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 hedon182

jemmadm wrote: »

if you have a spare code, please send it my way, if using again works!

illmonkey wrote: »
    Anyone got a code, I cant text in.

PM please!!!

pm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 illmonkey

pm :)
    Thanks, but its now saying there are none :(

• Advertisement

Got four tickets, delighted!

My email confirmed it as standing!!

mine says "section stand" in the email but on the order details on the ticketmaster site it says section stand, row g3, seat numbers

Advertisement