Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 hedon182

sold out now dude

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I just used a spare 8 digit code and was able to buy standing tickets so don't think it's sold out!

EDIT: Actually.. left the page and searched again.. and now it says they're gone! ;)

EDIT 2: Nope, can get 4 standing tickets now. Ha.. very odd!

basquille wrote: »
    I just used a spare 8 digit code and was able to buy standing tickets so don't think it's sold out!

EDIT: Actually.. left the page and searched again.. and now it says they're gone! ;)

EDIT 2: Nope, can get 4 standing tickets now. Ha.. very odd!

mine says this - We're sorry, there are no more tickets available for this promotion.

maybe its the code i was given has been used fully! :(
    any spare with two tickets left please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

Well.. I've two reasons:

a) I reckon it's gonna be a very young crowd at the gig.. especially in the Standing area. No offence to the younger fans but some of those "young un's" can make a gig a fecking nightmare!

b) My girlfriend is quite short and I do feel bad for her during standing gigs as she can't see the stage, bar of course in the Ambassador.

I'm short too (5'2) but it's usually pretty easy to find somewhere with a view if you walk around a bit!
    What age group do you mean by young? I notice a few people mention they think there will be a lot of young fans at it but wouldn't the majority of blink fans be 18+ now anyways?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

b) My girlfriend is quite short and I do feel bad for her during standing gigs as she can't see the stage, bar of course in the Ambassador.

I actually didn't take this into consideration myself.

I'm sure she won't mind standing though, I can just persuade her it's more fun...

• Advertisement

Big ask but would some kind person care to get a friend or relatives phone and get me a unique code to gain 4 tickets? Would be much appreciated:)

I think you had to text that number yesterday to get the password though.I don't think it's possible to do it the day of the presale otherwise I would help out more people

I'm short too (5'2) but it's usually pretty easy to find somewhere with a view if you walk around a bit!
    Rather not settle for someone where she has a peek through someone's head and someone else's shoulders. Would much rather a view of the full stage! :D
    What age group do you mean by young? I notice a few people mention they think there will be a lot of young fans at it but wouldn't the majority of blink fans be 18+ now anyways?
    As I said earlier, the majority of Blink fans I've met in the last few years have been anywhere between 14 and 18. They got quite a large and very young fan-base after they broke up.

I'm 26 and I got into them between Dude Ranch and EoTS but I imagine a lot of their fans at the time have either grown out of them or just simply forgot about them (and their appeal) when they were on hiatus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 jemmadm

You'd be surprised how many fans they've garnered in their absence. When I went to see them in the States last year there were loads of under 18s. Weird when I think about seeing them in 2003/4, I was probably one of the youngest there.

jemmadm wrote: »
    You'd be surprised how many fans they've garnered in their absence. When I went to see them in the States last year there were loads of under 18s. Weird when I think about seeing them in 2003/4, I was probably one of the youngest there.

yeah, i didnt go in 04, too young!
    but last year in canada there was manily 15-25 year olds!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just got a text saying I have tickets, so looking forward to a night of ironic nostalgia. I had tickets to their Dublin gig in like 2002/03, which they cancelled. Then I grew up. I'll be the one heckling if they play anything post Take of Your Pants and Jackets :pac:

• Advertisement

Just got a text saying I have tickets, so looking forward to a night of ironic nostalgia. I had tickets to their Dublin gig in like 2002/03, which they cancelled. Then I grew up. I'll be the one heckling if they play anything post Take of Your Pants and Jackets :pac:
    It's like we like mirror lives johnny_ultimate! ;)

But "Blink 182" was a damn fine album.. I suggest you re-listen post-haste! :pac:

jemmadm wrote: »

Really?! Wow! I never hear any ot the younger ones in the music scene here talk about them! I know some of them know of b182 but they wouldn't be dedicated fans or anything. I'm 19 and have been into them since i was about 10, during my teens I had friends who liked them too biut they just kinda moved on. Most of the people I know who still like them are 22-25. It will be interesting to see how much of the crowd are teens and how many are older!

hedon182 wrote: »
    yeah, i didnt go in 04, too young!
    but last year in canada there was manily 15-25 year olds!

Haha I had tickets for their cancelled tour in 2001/2...I think I got in to music way too early

The real question now is will they have a new album out before the gig..

Am not sure they will.. last I heard on the topic Mark said something like "2011 is too far away for a new Blink 182 album. I'll have to do my best to release one in 2010" but I've heard absolutely nothing since!

Since they're touring this Summer, they'd need the album in the bag very shortly so it's not looking likely!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's like we like mirror lives johnny_ultimate! ;)

But "Blink 182" was a damn fine album.. I suggest you re-listen post-haste! :pac:

Oh man I hated that album so much :( Well not really, I just hated the singles, my brother had the album but I never listened to it. It was Blink-182 taking themselves seriously, which is some sort of weird contradiction in terms.

What's My Age Again, Dammit and Adam's Song will make it worthwhile! That and the ironic nostalgia. You can't forget the ironic nostalgia ;)

Am not sure they will.. last I heard on the topic Mark said something like "2011 is too far away for a new Blink 182 album. I'll have to do my best to release one in 2010" but I've heard absolutely nothing since!

Since they're touring this Summer, they'd need the album in the bag very shortly so it's not looking likely!

I don't think so, I mean they're still editing the 'Blinkumentary' with the footage from the tour last year. In my mind surely that would be released before a new album? They didn't even play a single new song on the tour last year

Oh man I hated that album so much :( Well not really, I just hated the singles, my brother had the album but I never listened to it. It was Blink-182 taking themselves seriously, which is some sort of weird contradiction in terms.

What's My Age Again, Dammit and Adam's Song will make it worthwhile! That and the ironic nostalgia. You can't forget the ironic nostalgia ;)

Haha I agree. Before it came out, I said to myself if it's crap I hope they just split up and so they did. It's not that it was a bad album, but as you said it just didn't really seem like them. TOYPAJ was different to their other stuff and was still them but the self titled seemed so over done...if only they hadn't cancelled that TOYPAJ tour!

I'm hoping they don't! I am excited for the new album and everything but if they don't have new songs to play that means more time for the old ones & I'm greedy and want to hear as much of their older material live as possible :P
    I think I read somewhere it would be 2011 when it's out but mark was trying to get it released this year so who knows..

Anyone know if Tom still does his annoying a&a voice at blink 182 concerts?

Well.. it was that exactly!

But it was far superior to TOYPAJ (which had some great songs - "Online Songs", "Anthem Part 2" and "Reckless Abandon" but also had one of the worst Blink songs ever - "Stay Together for the Kids").
    God yes!

Adam's Song will have "I-like-to-cut-myself" kids out in force!
    Anyone know if Tom still does his annoying a&a voice at blink 182 concerts?
    ** shudder **

Hoppus always had the better voice... Tom's nasally tones grates on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Carousel is the onle i'm looking forward to most.

Just out of interest how do you get the passwords for the O2 tickets? Just realised my Dad is on O2 so I probably should have got that sorted. I know it will probably be useless for this gig but future ones it should come in handy.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Just out of interest how do you get the passwords for the O2 tickets? Just realised my Dad is on O2 so I probably should have got that sorted. I know it will probably be useless for this gig but future ones it should come in handy.
    Get him to sign up to the O2 Blueroom and he'll get messages saying if he wants priority tickets, he should text a keyword to a number.. and you'll get back a password.

God yes!

Adam's Song will have "I-like-to-cut-myself" kids out in force!

Adam's Song predates this 'emo' crowd (although doesn't really predate the typical angsty teen) - let us hope they haven't claimed it as their own *shakes fist*

Adam's Song predates this 'emo' crowd (although doesn't really predate the typical angsty teen) - let us hope they haven't claimed it as their own *shakes fist*
    Yeah.. but I think you're over-estimating the "emo" crowd.

"** grumbles ** I was cutting myself to this song while in the womb!"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Doesn't really, I know of a girl who was 15 and killed herself, she had them play Adam's song at her funeral. This was only a few months ago.
    /Depressing

I got into them around EOTS, probably would still be my favourite album. Gave Blink-182 a listen earlier, and I actually do quite like it now, didn't at the time.

kateos2 wrote: »
    Doesn't really, I know of a girl who was 15 and killed herself, she had them play Adam's song at her funeral. This was only a few months ago.
    /Depressing

I got into them around EOTS, probably would still be my favourite album. Gave Blink-182 a listen earlier, and I actually do quite like it now, didn't at the time.

Sorry to hear that. I think the current 15 year old generation takes music a lot more seriously than the older Blink fans would. I always liked that song as a good pop song with an emotional message. But I guess if you were in a certain frame of mind it could be much more than that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

my mate just got one ticket instead of two im snappin right now!!!!!!!!

and now the pre sale are all sold out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

does anybody know wen they offically go on sale to the public ??

A_V_A wrote:
    does anybody know wen they offically go on sale to the public ??
    Thursday morning @ 9am..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Sorry to hear that. I think the current 15 year old generation takes music a lot more seriously than the older Blink fans would. I always liked that song as a good pop song with an emotional message. But I guess if you were in a certain frame of mind it could be much more than that.

Yeah they definitely do, music is something to be enjoyed and not taken literally all the time. They take it a step further in a lot of cases, especially the "emo" groups now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 iWeeze

Weezer playing the same day as them at Reading, supported them in the US.
    Hmmm, I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Advertisement