Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

basquille wrote: »
    The real question now is will they have a new album out before the gig..

Am not sure they will.. last I heard on the topic Mark said something like "2011 is too far away for a new Blink 182 album. I'll have to do my best to release one in 2010" but I've heard absolutely nothing since!

Since they're touring this Summer, they'd need the album in the bag very shortly so it's not looking likely!

Doubt it very much Basq,

A&A still have tour dates in the US in May, and unless they are canning those and heading straight into the studio to get it done I just don't think they'd have the time to get what they want out.......could be proven wrong, but I don't see them rushing the new album out......

hopefully have the cash to get a ticket on Thurs......should be interesting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr.S wrote: »
    Ahhh.. that certainly makes more sense alright!

EDIT: But Mark Hoppus did have this Twitter update the day after that article:
    markhoppus: 2011 is too far away. Gonna do all I can to have a blink-182 album in 2010. Year Spaceship!

But yeah, it's not likely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭The Living Few

As far as I'm aware, this album is already recorded and the documentary is already made. It will take a month or so to mix it down and master it, but i'd say this album will be out in time for the gig. Maybe sometime in July

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Poache182

Got seating tickets to this. Anyone know if your still able to stand if you have seating tickets or are they really strict about stuff like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

Have a promotional code if anyone wants it PM me, not much use to me unfortunately!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

At least the "under 16s with an adult only" might keep a lot of the smallies out:p
    I've my alarm set for the morning they go on sale.
    I'm not missing out on them again!
    Was too young to go to the last concert they played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

Poache182 wrote: »
    Got seating tickets to this. Anyone know if your still able to stand if you have seating tickets or are they really strict about stuff like that.

Sell the tickets and buy standing ones Thursday instead? Don't want to sound uptight but there's a reason there's a certain number of standing and seated tickets..safety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭The Living Few

Mr.S wrote: »
    Well still quite a big chunk of 2010 so i guess its possible.

Would very much dout that they'd drop a new album by August though!

They do have a single that was ready for they're comeback tour, they didn't want to play it live though. So they'll probably release that this Summer and then work on the album after the Euro tour?

Any sources for that? I know the documentary thing is done, but hadn't heard anything about the album.

Only my own personal research on it. The thing is that the documentary is apparently actually about the making of the album, so i guess if the documentary is done then the album is done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Only my own personal research on it. The thing is that the documentary is apparently actually about the making of the album, so i guess if the documentary is done then the album is done.

no the album isnt done toms had said this many of times on his modlife blog that they are writing and sending music ideas back a forwards to each other but they still have to work on the recording process and everyting it took them 2 years to come out with their last album so i dout that they would bring it out before august

and plus tom has A V A they are touring like mad and he has his film LOVE coming out and then travis barker has his solo album also coming out and he wants to tour that aswell and mark will be producing aswell as co-writing with other bands

and that hndsm randsom guyrs or what ever that are making it said that its not finished they still have to do the studio filming etc and they said blink wanted to film the europe return aswell so im taken its not finished

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭killyourtv_

anyone know if the tickets are definitely sold out?
    i keep trying in hope that some tickets show up.. but im having no luck :(

• Advertisement

The presale tickets are sold out since early this morning. General sale (roughly 85% of total tickets) will go on sale Thursday

The presale tickets are sold out since early this morning. General sale (roughly 85% of total tickets) will go on sale Thursday

theres no chance tickets will randomly pop up? :(

theres no chance tickets will randomly pop up? :(

I doubt it..not this late in the day. It did happen earlier this morning but I think that may have just been because someone was holiding them then the time ran out.. I think the presale is completely sold out now although the o2 blueroom site still says there are some available. Maybe someone can confirm it...

Maybe someone can confirm it...

i rang ticketmaster and the guy couldnt tell me if it was sold out or not because its presale. :(

as the lads said in this thread a few times already that the pre sale tickets only count of atleast of 15% of all the tickets the other 85% will go on sale thursday at 9 . . . . . . and the pre sale tickets sold out by half 9 this mornin they are all sold out not THE REST OF THE TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have my alarm set for half 8 for thursday so im up and loogeed into ticket master my mate only got one dismornin the pri**

i rang ticketmaster and the guy couldnt tell me if it was sold out or not because its presale. :(

They're most likely all gone by now. Just get up early Thursday and be on the ticketmaster site at 9am and you should be able to get tickets

A V A wrote: »
    as the lads said in this thread a few times already that the pre sale tickets only count of atleast of 15% of all the tickets the other 85% will go on sale thursday at 9 . . . . . . and the pre sale tickets sold out by half 9 this mornin they are all sold out not THE REST OF THE TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have my alarm set for half 8 for thursday so im up and loogeed into ticket master my mate only got one dismornin the pri**

Chill! Nobody said all the tickets were sold out, he/she is asking about the presale tickets specifically. And they had sold out on the site at around 9.15am but people still managed to get some between 9 & 12 so that's probably why they're questioning if more will randomly pop up like they did earlier

sorry i came off to strong

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Who ever said pre sales were sold out by half nine this morning is an idiot! I managed to get mine at around one o'clock today AND they were standing tickets! Can't wait!

It really wouldn't surprise me if more pre sales went on sale tomorrow morning! But everyone I know is waiting till thursday to get theirs so I'd deffo be online at 8.55 on Thursday morning if you're waiting till then and you want standing tickets!

Blink4Life!

Who ever said pre sales were sold out by half nine this morning is an idiot!
    Or I dont know.. mistaken!

They were going from available to unavailable every 5 or 10 minutes.

You won't make any new friends here when you go around referring to people as idiots!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

He can call me an idiot all he wants if he gives me his ticket...

Who ever said pre sales were sold out by half nine this morning is an idiot

i said that . . . . .and from most of my friends that that tried getting them they couldnt get them it wasmt letting them get their tickets either guess there idiots to !! dont like people talking to poeple like that on here its not nice

im goin to try again tamara

Realisticly, how fast is this going to sell out? I'm paranoid that I'm going to miss out.

Everytime I think "10,000 tickets couldnt sell out that fast", my friend tells me that Coldplay sold out in ten minutes and Miley Cyrus sold out in three... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 XxXNIMRODXxX

i REALLY want to go to this gig!! but my parents are both teachers and they might be back at school teaching by 31st..as i might be too!:mad::eek:

i really want to go! :(

Tenks wrote: »
    Realisticly, how fast is this going to sell out? I'm paranoid that I'm going to miss out.

Everytime I think "10,000 tickets couldnt sell out that fast", my friend tells me that Coldplay sold out in ten minutes and Miley Cyrus sold out in three... :(
    But they're not as current or mainstream as Coldplay, or as popular as the unfortunate phenomenon that is that Hannah Montana feck!

It'll take a few weeks for it to sell out methinks.. if it does!

basquille wrote: »
    But they're not as current or mainstream as Coldplay, or as popular as the unfortunate phenomenon that is that Hannah Montana feck!

It'll take a few weeks for it to sell out methinks.. if it does!

...Hmm. That is true.

Any idea how fast Green Day sold out last time?

Not sure.. but it wasn't quick!

Been re-acquainting with Blink all evening.. how great is this:

basquille you speak many words of wisdom :D haha

iv listened to the hole self title album all the way through and the same with chesire cat and buddah and dude ranch . . . . .was so great and played alont to every song on guitar and bass and i havent played them in good while but the songs just came to me lol think i learned them inside out and i know there not the most complicated of songs to learn/play haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

...Hmm. That is true.

Green Day standing sold out in a few days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

A V A wrote: »
    basquille you speak many words of wisdom :D haha

iv listened to the hole self title album all the way through and the same with chesire cat and buddah and dude ranch . . . . .was so great and played alont to every song on guitar and bass and i havent played them in good while but the songs just came to me lol think i learned them inside out and i know there not the most complicated of songs to learn/play haha

first two riffs i learned on guitar were dammit and whats my age again. tried to play dammit last week, couldnt remember it at first, but in the end i just turned off my brain and let the hands go lose, and it all came back. That was on one of my mates guitars, 5 years later......i have too much guitar gear!

Advertisement