Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

seanbmc wrote: »
    Green Day standing sold out in a few days

Well, if that's not a good sign, I don't know what is. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

im taking into account that blink 182 have the same amount of fans/following as green (i may be wrong in sayin that but dont hang me for it) but if green day sold out in a few days thats all well and good but blink split up after such a great album and now there back so more people will want to see them

and there is going to be the people that just know a few songs from watching vh1 or meet the barkers that would want to go and they have no idea that they broke up and how much a big deal this concert is to their fans that followed them for years i dont know why its anoying me to be honest wen i see people on my msn that they only know all the small things things and the mainstream songs like that and there saying "i got my blink ticket" and all that jazz and i do know the poeple that are saying it so its not like i dont know who they are into and its not blink

the fact of the matter is that there are people that really really do like blink and people that have followed them for years etc and they wont get a ticket because there are people going to want to go just because they know the name and know them as the guys running around naked on the street in a video and iv asked a few people do they know any others songs and they managed to name 7 at the most! i know people that went to the last concert only knowing a few songs and they said they didnt like some of the songs they played etc

so i will feel sorry for myself and people who wont manage to get a ticket :( it is bit sh** to be honest just thinking about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Been listening to Blink all day (103/154 tracks done!) and the cheering at the start of Dumpweed on The Mark, Tom and Travis Show is making me even more excited than I already am. August cannot come fast enough!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

A V A wrote: »
    im taking into account that blink 182 have the same amount of fans/following as green (i may be wrong in sayin that but dont hang me for it) but if green day sold out in a few days thats all well and good but blink split up after such a great album and now there back so more people will want to see them
    I honestly don't think Blink 182 have the same pull as Green Day right now.

Green Day are bigger now (and more mainstream) than they ever were. One of the first ever albums I bought was Dookie back when they were practically unknown (on this side of the Atlantic anyways) but 'American Idiot' in particular catapulted them into the mainstream.

Blink 182's last self-titled album did not do them any such justice. And I think a lot of their casual fans would have grown out or just grown tired of their music.
    so i will feel sorry for myself and people who wont manage to get a ticket :( it is bit sh** to be honest just thinking about it
    Christ.. jump the gun much?!

There's at least 10,000 tickets left for general sale on Thursday.

like i know dis sounds so f****** cheesy but im big fan like everytin is about blink im on modlife evryday and on their websites and i was even on the site when they were broke up there is many people like meself that mised them last time that are just worried that they wont get a ticket ye know and me thinkin it will sell out for blink is stupid but pearl jam sold out but i know they are alot bigger and are are olderband i suppose :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

basquille wrote: »
    I honestly don't think Blink 182 have the same pull as Green Day right now.

Green Day are bigger now (and more mainstream) than they ever were. One of the first ever albums I bought was Dookie back when they were practically unknown (on this side of the Atlantic anyways) but 'American Idiot' in particular catapulted them into the mainstream.

Have to agree with this. Green Day are probably the biggest band in the world at the moment after U2 and maybe Coldplay, while Blink are extremely well known, they arent on that level where everyone has heard of several of their songs.

I mean, I know quite afew people who only know "All the Small Things." :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

and there is going to be the people that just know a few songs from watching vh1 or meet the barkers that would want to go and they have no idea that they broke up and how much a big deal this concert is to their fans that followed them for years i dont know why its anoying me to be honest wen i see people on my msn that they only know all the small things things and the mainstream songs like that and there saying "i got my blink ticket" and all that jazz and i do know the poeple that are saying it so its not like i dont know who they are into and its not blink

the fact of the matter is that there are people that really really do like blink and people that have followed them for years etc and they wont get a ticket because there are people going to want to go just because they know the name and know them as the guys running around naked on the street in a video and iv asked a few people do they know any others songs and they managed to name 7 at the most! i know people that went to the last concert only knowing a few songs and they said they didnt like some of the songs they played etc

Dude, relax! :)

If you are getting a ticket tomorrow, just get it at 9am. you will defo get one. as for the "sunshine" if they queue at 9 and get their ticket, fair play to them. if the "true" fans are not willing to get up early to get a ticket, its their own fault

This has happened to me, KOL in the O2 in 2008, full of people who only knew sex on fire and use sombody. People who left before the encore as they thought the show was over. i was pissed off, but mainly at myself as i didnt get a ticket in time, all my fault.

EDIT: If you dont get a ticket (unlikely :) ) they are making a new album, so there will be another UK tour in the future, which will have a dublin date.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

So what if people only know a few songs?

They obviously like them enough to pay ~50 quid for the pleasure of seeing them. No-one deserves tickets over anyone else.

Also if these casual listeners are willing to get up early to make sure they get their tickets then fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

how big is the standing area in the o2? I don't wanna be aages back and not be able to see a thing

Dude, relax! :)

If you are getting a ticket tomorrow, just get it at 9am. you will defo get one. as for the "sunshine" if they queue at 9 and get their ticket, fair play to them. if the "true" fans are not willing to get up early to get a ticket, its their own fault

This has happened to me, KOL in the O2 in 2008, full of people who only knew sex on fire and use sombody. People who left before the encore as they thought the show was over. i was pissed off, but mainly at myself as i didnt get a ticket in time, all my fault.

EDIT: If you dont get a ticket (unlikely :) ) they are making a new album, so there will be another UK tour in the future, which will have a dublin date.

i know im am die hard fan of blink but i have que'dfor tickets before and the que was big and it sold out before i got to the booth because of people buying online so thats why im getting it on the internet id rather be safe and get one you get me

do you get me Kelly Rapid Hive when i says its anoying when people just know just one songs its so anoying and as i said before peole like my borhter girlfriend doesnt even know one song and shes goin awwwim so hapy dis that and the otherjust becase SHE WATCHED A FEW EPISODES OF MEET THE BARKERS doent me she likes dem grrrrrr . . . .tool!!!

no way am i sayin people should get priority on tickets just cause they like some sngs so what i dont care but what ime trying to say is that their might be poeple that wont managed to get a ticket and some poeple wont be able to get thme on the net as they probly dont have a credit card or what ever just unfornutate and theirs people that are on the internet that might not know the are playin because their not into checking ticket master and their myspace etc lol

btw im not tryin to sound heated or annoyed over this im just a little bit to excited so im sorry if i anoy/annnoyed people with few cmments

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

^yeah don't worry, if you are online at 9am you will have a much better chance of getting the tickets rather than at the ticket booth (should it sell out that quick..)

just have yourself signed into ticketmaster and be ready to go at 8.59 :)

^yeah don't worry, if you are online at 9am you will have a much better chance of getting the tickets rather than at the ticket booth (should it sell out that quick..)

just have yourself signed into ticketmaster and be ready to go at 8.59 :)

ye ill be up on ticketmaster at quater to 9 and i was told keep refreshing the page till 8:58 and as soon as it hits 9 just go str8 to the page and do it lol . . . . kinda excited and f****** caken me pants at the same time

oh ok cool cheers

everything place i see people talkin bou the concert the amount of people sayng their going is unreal on last.fm theres loads attending and i keep thinkin **** i amnt goin to get a ticket:( i should be ok once im on at nie once i go to find tickets after fillubg the form ou it goes to payment and my ticet is held for 3 minutes and thats the amount of time i have to fill it out lol

i try so hard to use the hole keyboard but i put my words and sentences backwords and the reason i use short words like text speak is i get stuck on some things and i get anoyed being dyslexic sucks and i asked but its not writng like in skool but im told it doesnt matter if your trying to explain something or have a conversation through pen or the internet it would still be the same

sorry guys

i try so hard to use the hole keyboard but i put my words and sentences backwords and the reason i use short words like text speak is i get stuck on some things and i get anoyed being dyslexic sucks and i asked but its not writng like in skool but im told it doesnt matter if your trying to explain something or have a conversation through pen or the internet it would still be the same

sorry guys

I know a number of people with dyslexia and all of them are fully aware and capable of using the full stop button as well as capitalisation. If you really are dyslexic and not just using it as an excuse why don't you download one of the spell checks and use it.

i dont even do it when i writing man!!!! am not using it as a excuse either and will do get the spell checks!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 iWeeze

Relax the cacks over the grammar, folks, that's not what we're here to discuss.

We're here to get some evidence of rumoured Weezer support so that I can sleep soundly tonight.

I agree with iweeze, it's not that hard to understand what he/she is saying. If it bothers you, scroll over their posts. No need to be a d*ck if someones spelling or grammar isn't perfect. Also some people use boards.ie on their mobile

Anyway good luck to everyone getting tickets this morning! Less than an hour left to wait! I'm interested in seeing how long this will take to sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

C'mon 9am! *rubs hands gleefully*

Zwillinge wrote: »
    C'mon 9am! *rubs hands gleefully*

Hope you have better luck today!

• Advertisement

Hope you have better luck today!

Thanks, me too! But I'm awake, the net is working...fingers crossed it all goes to plan! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

my god, this is the longest 15 mins i've had in a long time. Hury up 9.00!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Best of luck kids.. but not one of ye should have a problem getting tickets.

2 mins left!!

I believe a WOO is in order!

Green Day and Blink 182 in one Summer. I do believe I feel 14-16 again :D

Time to go rooting out my old hoodies :cool:

I believe a WOO is in order!

Green Day and Blink 182 in one Summer. I do believe I feel 14-16 again :D

Time to go rooting out my old hoodies :cool:

yay! Did you get standing or seated tickets? I refuse to see GD live though unless their going to play a set with just the old music :P

edit: don't want to cone across as a music snob, just hate American idiot !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Tickets booked! :D

yay! Did you get standing or seated tickets? I refuse to see GD live though unless their going to play a set with just the old music :P

edit: don't want to cone across as a music snob, just hate American idiot !

Got 2 standing tickets :D

Hopefully it's not completely like their last gig with lots of drunken kids doing things to each other I wish I hadn't seen :eek:

When GD did their last gig in The O2 (The Point) they did a decent mix of everthing...wasn't too heavy on the newer stuff, just the crowd pleasing singles.

Wonder when support will be announced! Can't wait to find out who it will be!

• Advertisement

Got 2 standing tickets :D

Hopefully it's not completely like their last gig with lots of drunken kids doing things to each other I wish I hadn't seen :eek:

When GD did their last gig in The O2 (The Point) they did a decent mix of everthing...wasn't too heavy on the newer stuff, just the crowd pleasing singles.

oh really? Might *consider* getting a ticket and showing up fashionably late (just to avoid paramore/scene kids)

I'm hoping it will be mostly an older crowd at blink!

Advertisement