Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Got 2 standing tickets :D

Hopefully it's not completely like their last gig with lots of drunken kids doing things to each other I wish I hadn't seen :eek:

When GD did their last gig in The O2 (The Point) they did a decent mix of everthing...wasn't too heavy on the newer stuff, just the crowd pleasing singles.
    Saw them at The Ambassador just before American Idiot was released... absolutely amazing gig!

Only 2 "new" songs they played were 'American Idiot' and 'Holiday'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

basquille wrote: »
    Saw them at The Ambassador just before American Idiot was released... absolutely amazing gig!

GD at the ambassador pre AI, lucky you! Was that a sold out gig? Seems like forever ago since I was in the ambassador, much better venue than the academy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

oh really? Might *consider* getting a ticket and showing up fashionably late (just to avoid paramore/scene kids)

I'm hoping it will be mostly an older crowd at blink!

I've only heard one Paramore song, the well known one, I suppose :P Don't know if I could suffer an album of them.

Am hoping all those pesky kids have grown up ;) Should be a more mature crowd with their self titled album being Mr Mature Blink 182 :)

I wanted to go to that gig, but it sold out in nano seconds basically :pac:

That's pretty swet, small venue with old school Green Day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

:mad:

My laser card won't work :(
    I'm pretty sure it's got enough money in the account for the tickets....and even if it didn't i transferred like 300 euro from my paypal last night. (completed apparntly)

**** My Life :(

:mad:

My laser card won't work :(
    I'm pretty sure it's got enough money in the account for the tickets....and even if it didn't i transferred like 300 euro from my paypal last night. (completed apparntly)

**** My Life :(

It takes a few days for money to clear into bank accts via paypal from what I remember!

• Advertisement

I've only heard one Paramore song, the well known one, I suppose :P Don't know if I could suffer an album of them.

Am hoping all those pesky kids have grown up ;) Should be a more mature crowd with their self titled album being Mr Mature Blink 182 :)

I was a fan of paramore (for shame) when I heard their first album in 2005. Seen them at the RDS in 2008 (free gig since I was working with another band,why not..) They were f*cking terrible! Don't blame the 4 guys they were decent at what they did but the vocalist was pitchy 99% of the time and seemed to shout more than sing.

Yeah, Green Day in The Ambassador sold out within seconds. Said it once and said it before, always log onto Ticketmaster.co.uk to buy tickets. Their servers can handle the demand!

Was an amazing gig alright.. The Ambassador, while a bit dated and grimey, is still the best small venue in Dublin.

Saw Death Cab For Cutie (and Frightened Rabbit) there last year as well. Both fantastic.. and got me into Frightened Rabbit big time.

It takes a few days for money to clear into bank accts via paypal from what I remember!

damn thanks! thats what i thought but because it said completed i thought it might have gone through....

seems i was just like 1 euro under the amount i needed for two tickets :(
    got one though...

gonna sell out soon do you think? D:

damn...seems sold out "Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available." keeps coming/going for standing tickets......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I was a fan of paramore (for shame) when I heard their first album in 2005. Seen them at the RDS in 2008 (free gig since I was working with another band,why not..) They were f*cking terrible! Don't blame the 4 guys they were decent at what they did but the vocalist was pitchy 99% of the time and seemed to shout more than sing.

I've noticed that actually. Some female singers will shout more than shouty/scream, but sure I'll probably give them a whirl at Green Day, especially fi I want my pit pass.

Marley Park still does pit passes right?
    Yeah, Green Day in The Ambassador sold out within seconds. Said it once and said it before, always log onto Ticketmaster.co.uk to buy tickets. Their servers can handle the demand!

Was an amazing gig alright.. The Ambassador, while a bit dated and grimey, is still the best small venue in Dublin.

Saw Death Cab For Cutie (and Frightened Rabbit) there last year as well. Both fantastic.. and got me into Frightened Rabbit big time.

The Ambassador is fantastic for gigs alright, I think one of the last bands I seen there was Slayer, but that was a few years ago now. Think they'll ever do gigs there again? Not that dinosaurs aren't without their charm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭killyourtv_

got my two standing tickets :D
    it was a panic and a half once 9am appeared on my laptop!

• Advertisement

The Ambassador is fantastic for gigs alright, I think one of the last bands I seen there was Slayer, but that was a few years ago now. Think they'll ever do gigs there again? Not that dinosaurs aren't without their charm :D
    Didn't realise they'd stopped doing gigs there to be honest!

Just after checking back through e-mail - Death Cab For Cutie and Frightened Rabbit were actually November 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Got my Blink tickets!
    Chuffed :D

i think it's all part of the charm. Sure the bathrooms are filthy and the walls need to be fixed etc but I love how "real" it felt to be at a gig in there. Can't get the same vibe in the academy at all, in fact I hate the academy.

Funny that you mention that gig! I was photographing that show, hadn't heard of Frightened Rabbit before that night, came out & couldn't wait to get home so I could look them up. Fantastic live band, I love their albums but seeing them live is a lot more enjoyable! That was the last show I was at in the ambassador.

hadn't heard of Frightened Rabbit before that night, came out & couldn't wait to get home so I could look them up. Fantastic live band, I love their albums but seeing them live is a lot more enjoyable! That was the last show I was at in the ambassador.
    Yeah, 'The Midnight Organ Fight' especially is an absolute blinder of an album.

Didn't realise they'd stopped doing gigs there to be honest!

Just after checking back through e-mail - Death Cab For Cutie and Frightened Rabbit were actually November 2008.

yeah they use it for non-music related things now. I know they had a "csi exhibition" there last year, not sure what else :/

I've noticed that actually. Some female singers will shout more than shouty/scream, but sure I'll probably give them a whirl at Green Day, especially fi I want my pit pass.

Marley Park still does pit passes right?

They do pit passes but I reckon you'll have to camp overnight or be there at 5/6am. I went to metallica for the last 2 years at Marlay Park & pit passes were long gone when we arrived. (or if you're a girl it's easy to get in..) security always said they gave them out in the early hrs of the morning!

damn thanks! thats what i thought but because it said completed i thought it might have gone through....

seems i was just like 1 euro under the amount i needed for two tickets :(
    got one though...

gonna sell out soon do you think? D:

damn...seems sold out "Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available." keeps coming/going for standing tickets......

Could you borrow money from a relative & put it in your acct then buy the tickets & pay back the friend/realtive when the paypal money clears? It always took 5 business days for money to clear into my account when I used paypal (2005/2006) Id say it's probably still the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Seems like it's sold out :(

EDIT: Standing.

Could you borrow money from a relative & put it in your acct then buy the tickets & pay back the friend/realtive when the paypal money clears? It always took 5 business days for money to clear into my account when I used paypal (2005/2006) Id say it's probably still the same!

had that thought at first...but i don't think there's anyone who'd be awake who would. and standing randomly shows unavailable :( so must be on it's way to selling out...

meaning by the time i'd end up getting money into my account..they'd probaly be sold :pac:

I've got one ticket though....my one :pac: If anyone ends up with a spare and want to get rid of it for face value-ish...then let me know :)

also means by the time i'd get to a ticketmaster outlet (i don't drive) they'd likely be sold out....in my opinion....so would be pointless.
    Anyone know whether many are likely to come back on sale? (Due to credit cards being declined/etc)

Seems like it's sold out :(

EDIT: Standing.

try it again...a couple of times.
    was showing that for me a little bit back...but keeps changing from between available/non available....

oh and if you're buying a ticket....buy an extra for me? :P

• Advertisement

had that thought at first...but i don't think there's anyone who'd be awake who would. and standing randomly shows unavailable :( so must be on it's way to selling out...

meaning by the time i'd end up getting money into my account..they'd probaly be sold :pac:

I've got one ticket though....my one :pac: If anyone ends up with a spare and want to get rid of it for face value-ish...then let me know :)

also means by the time i'd get to a ticketmaster outlet (i don't drive) they'd likely be sold out....in my opinion....so would be pointless.
    Anyone know whether many are likely to come back on sale? (Due to credit cards being declined/etc)

I *think* ticketmaster charge the CC straight away so it's not likely more tickets will be added because of that. I searched standing a min ago & it said sold out then a few minutes later there was more available, which happened with the presale too, so my guess is it's almost sold out

try it again...a couple of times.
    was showing that for me a little bit back...but keeps changing from between available/non available....

No luck so far :(

I *think* ticketmaster charge the CC straight away so it's not likely more tickets will be added because of that. I searched standing a min ago & it said sold out then a few minutes later there was more available, which happened with the presale too, so my guess is it's almost sold out

Yeah my thoughts too.
    Seems gone now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

I GOT MY TICKET this mornin i was shaking like a mad thing gaaaawwd im so pleased :)

if people didnt get a ticket dont worry there will be tickets floating around on sale around adverts and other posting sites

or when your i town try get one in soundceller

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Get a seating ya can just walk down to standing but ya won't get in the pit I guess.

neilk32 wrote: »
    Get a seating ya can just walk down to standing but ya won't get in the pit I guess.

depends how strict they are on the day.

all to do with security and stuff.

i know someone who at green day had seated, but ended up getting a pit pass and ended up third row. (with no queuing or anything)

they've been stricter at other times/gigs.

Anyone know when sound cellar open? Or any other shops like that in town?

Anyone know when sound cellar open? Or any other shops like that in town?

There's a number for them here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54948106
    Maybe give it a ring?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

I agree with iweeze, it's not that hard to understand what he/she is saying. If it bothers you, scroll over their posts. No need to be a d*ck if someones spelling or grammar isn't perfect. Also some people use boards.ie on their mobile

Anyway good luck to everyone getting tickets this morning! Less than an hour left to wait! I'm interested in seeing how long this will take to sell out

oh and thanks punkindrublic :)

would be so cool if nofx and weezer supported them :P

• Advertisement

There's a number for them here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54948106
    Maybe give it a ring?

The number isn't working for me.

Advertisement