Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscribing to threads

Options
  • 22-02-2010 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭

When I post a reply to a thread, I get a mail when the next couple of people post to that same thread, however it never lasts. I always go back to the thread a few days later and loads of other comments have been left that I didn't get notification of. I want to always get a notification mail whenever anyone adds to that particular thread. Is there something I'm supposed to do to "subscribe" other than just posting my own comment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Afaiu you will only be emailed the first time someone replies to the mail, not every time. If you then log in and view the thread, the reply function will reset and it will reply the next time someone posts on the thread. This (afaiu) is to ease the load on our email servers. Otherwise you could set the notification to 'daily' or 'weekly' maybe.

Advertisement