Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you like a Sub forum for the Superthreads..?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Its called democracy xavi.

Awwww look at him.

He thinks Boards is a democracy.

Ain't that cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

No
    just to go a bit off topic. Who was this eagle eye im hearing about. How long was he with us for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

No
    Just to be pedantic...
    Des wrote: »
    Leave it as it is, the vast, vast, vast majority of people don't want it changed.

Not according to this poll anyway!
    As far as I can see, apart from a few naysayers every once in a while, 99% of the people are quite happy to continue posting in the forum as it is.

I'm sure the same could be said if it was changed!

Anyway, not that any of that matters. I voted yes. I do think it would be a change for the better. It probably won't be changed because people just don't like change. Either way, it won't have much impact on how I use boards so, whatever!

just to go a bit off topic. Who was this eagle eye im hearing about. How long was he with us for?

You linked to one of his threads earlier in feedback....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

No
    I'd very much like to change my vote please. Being on the same side as the loony fringe does not sit well with me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    KevIRL wrote: »
    I'd very much like to change my vote please. Being on the same side as the loony fringe does not sit well with me

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Eagle Eye >>>>>>>>>>>>You.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

No

Come on Kev,Des is not that bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

eagle_eye thought steve stone was an 8/10 player. how come he left? didnt see him go. was there drama? and llamas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

No
    I think that if a Sub-Forum was set up it would free up a lot of space where new threads could be started. It annoys me seeing all these Man United and Liverpool Megathreads with thousands of posts that could just as well fuel a forum on their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Quazzie wrote: »
    I see where you are coming from but I tend to disagree. If you look at the Superthreads it is the same set of fans that have made it their home. The Arsenal one which I myself view regularly is mainly dominated by a base of 10 posters with others checking in now and again. I don't think any of the 10 posters, or the infrequent posters would be any less likely to post in a new location than in its current one.

Your point about new threads that would be more suited to the Superthreads, is easily solved by merging with the Superthreads. The mods will decide what is Superthread material,a s they already do. It might be a bit more work for the mods at the start, but eventually people will see the line again, and hopefully stop crossing it. Plus with the Superthreads off the front page a few new threads will be needed.

I'm not saying the regular users would be less likely to use the threads, but that i feel others (non regulars) would be less likely to use them. I feel the threads would become even more dominated by whichever club it represents and there would be an even bigger feeling of 'our thread' and 'their thread', which is a mentality some posters already display.

For me, if you are going to go down the route of a sub forum for super threads, you may as well make it easier for those who use them regularly and just create sub forums for the clubs. (which is not really what I want either, just making the point)

No
    have the courage of your convictions Kevin. Shouldnt matter who votes where.

No
    How many times has it been discussed now?

Leave it as it is, the vast, vast, vast majority of people don't want it changed.

Even when nothing changed, the vast majority of the people who lobbied for change stuck around anyway.

Feck the rest of them. If they want to have a monthly whinge, let them, don't even engage them in Feedback.

"you can't please all of the people all of the time"

So fúck the ones who are unhappy. the people who are happy are using this forum, and it's the second busiest on Boards.

As far as I can see, apart from a few naysayers every once in a while, 99% of the people are quite happy to continue posting in the forum as it is.

Should have gone to specsavers des ;)

Should have gone to specsavers des ;)
    what he said is no different from you saying no one has a problem with the threads being moved.

No
    Going to up the ante here. If the yay sayers prevail Ill leave the Soccer forum. If Nay sayers prevail ill stick around a little while longer with a view to campaigning for some positiive changes around here. Moving the superthreads off the main page would be a positive change for me.

No
    Going to up the ante here. If the yay sayers prevail Ill leave the Soccer forum. If Nay sayers prevail ill stick around a little while longer with a view to campaigning for some positiive changes around here. Moving the superthreads off the main page would be a positive change for me.

head_palm_wand_ani.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

No
    Is this a win win situation? I just can't....too late to figure out....bah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

You've got to be fúcking kidding me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

No
    I'm not saying the regular users would be less likely to use the threads, but that i feel others (non regulars) would be less likely to use them. I feel the threads would become even more dominated by whichever club it represents and there would be an even bigger feeling of 'our thread' and 'their thread', which is a mentality some posters already display.

For me, if you are going to go down the route of a sub forum for super threads, you may as well make it easier for those who use them regularly and just create sub forums for the clubs. (which is not really what I want either, just making the point)

But the sub forum will be for super threads of different clubs. I'm sure posters who bring up topics on the super thread will be told to post it on the main forum, if it is felt it is needed.

Match day discussion wouldn't be allowed on the thread, same as now, so most posters will be on the main forum anyway. I don't think making a super thread forum for loads of clubs will necessarily mean club sub forums down the road.

If anything, posters will have all the super threads on one page or so, it would make it easier to read the latest news on other clubs and post if you so wished. As long as the posts add to the thread and posters are willing to debate, it shouldn't change anything.

Oh, not this again!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

No
    Archimedez wrote: »
    You've got to be fúcking kidding me.

I hope the Naysayers win

iv never had so many laughs on this forum for along time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Find out next week on...

SOCCERFORUM.jpg

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

No
    You really are full of yourself if you think you staying or going would have an effect on the poll.

Seriously take the advice you have been given and think for ten seconds before hitting submit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

No
    I hardly ever post here. One of the things that puts me off is the ridiculous amount of "gossip/rumour" threads for multiple clubs.

Can't see why they can't all be put aside. Maybe keep one premiership one and one republic of ireland one. the rest are irrelevent to most posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I retract my kind words in the Off Topic thread. Please leave.

Your unbelievable to think

(A) Your that self important

(B) That you can't even commit to leaving the SF without pulling a 180 and saying you'll stay.

Stay or leave, stop harping on about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Elvis has officially left the building folks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm guessing he's waiting until his mammy takes the laptop off him :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

No
    I hardly ever post here. One of the things that puts me off is the ridiculous amount of "gossip/rumour" threads for multiple clubs.

Can't see why they can't all be put aside. Maybe keep one premiership one and one republic of ireland one. the rest are irrelevent to most posters.
    Thats my view as well. It's fair enough if you support one of the big 4 or the "popular" teams to support in Ireland (Villa, Leeds). But almost every time I come onto the soccer forum the entire first page is clogged up with gossip threads which I have absolutely zero interest in. I understand that the majority of people prefer this as they support one of these teams but thats just my view as a West Ham supporter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Thats my view as well. It's fair enough if you support one of the big 4 or the "popular" teams to support in Ireland (Villa, Leeds). But almost every time I come onto the soccer forum the entire first page is clogged up with gossip threads which I have absolutely zero interest in. I understand that the majority of people prefer this as they support one of these teams but thats just my view as a West Ham supporter.

So change it....there was a dedicated West Ham Supporters thread set up as well. If you and other West Ham fans post in it then you'll have something to keep your interest on the front page.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055632845&highlight=west

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

So fúck the ones who are unhappy. the people who are happy are using this forum, and it's the second busiest on Boards.

:eek:

It is?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

dfx- wrote: »
    :eek:

It is?
    Second highest amount of posts, after AH

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Seems a bit pointless to me, I don't see how it would satisfy those who want to keep things the way they are or the people who want to go full throttle with seperate club forums.

I don't see how moving the super threads would make any difference.

Sure, you would move the super threasd, but that is IT. We would still have the same people posting on the forum (if it went swimmingly) so it would be the same threads getting created.

If there are not threads you want to partake in, then create some yourself. If the topic is good and people want to discuss it, it will remain on the main screen. It will only disappear as people lose interest.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

No
    Ok folks seems as the feedback thread has been closed please don't bring any baggage into this thread lets keep it as per the original post.Or to put it another way as the whore masters used to say back in the wild west 'leave your guns at the door gentlemen'.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    Ok folks seems as the feedback thread has been closed please don't bring any baggage into this thread lets keep it as per the original post.Or to put it another way as the whore masters used to say back in the wild west 'leave your guns at the door gentlemen'.

did you just call me a whore?

and yes, I get the reverse implication. ;-D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement