Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Greene A.I. .223

Options
  • 22-02-2010 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Picked up my new stock on Saturday from John Greene.
    happy as a pig in st1t and went out to play on Sunday morning.
    Apologies for the bad pics as all I had was the phone camera.
    I love the feel of the A.I. stocks, I have a second stage 1 stock that John is putting on a .308 FTR build at the moment.

The gun was built by John and I have it quite a while, It was extreemly accurate prior to the new stock was fitted but the A.I. puts it into a different league.
    The spec is as follows.

Remington 700 action in .223 ( trigger replaced ).
    bolt polished etc with tactical handle.
    Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 ( although my leopold is shown is a few of the earlier photographs as I put the N.F. on Sunday afternoon)
    Nightforce one piece mount on picatinny rail.
    Accuracy International stage 2 stock.
    20'' Shelin barrell with 1 in 11 twist.
    Harris bipod
    JZ Compact mod / SS muzzlebreak.

phot2o.jpg
    photo7.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    photo8.jpg

And on the way home spotted these little ladies. (how good is your eyesight ? left of centre of picture), three of them ran across the road and I had to brake like hell to avoid them
    photo.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Oh man that is a good looking piece of kit

I see by the spent brass you gave her a good ol' test anyway

What ammo are you feeding her?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Lovely stuff!!:D And nice to see a folder with prominent pistol grip ,even on a bolt action,no problems there for some reason.:D:D:D
    BTW those are great pics for a camera phone!:eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Very nice mate....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

Vegeta wrote: »
    Oh man that is a good looking piece of kit

I see by the spent brass you gave her a good ol' test anyway

What ammo are you feeding her?

It just loves Hornady 40gr V max for total accuraccy but for just plinking I feed it Americian eagle 55gr boat tails

It just loves Hornady 40gr V max for total accuraccy but for just plinking I feed it Americian eagle 55gr boat tails

Those little 40 grainers are rockets...very flat shooters

• Advertisement

dwighet wrote: »
    Those little 40 grainers are rockets...very flat shooters

Yea, the foxies like them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

Another beauty, i'm getting into this pimp my rifle lark, but dont think i could do much with a tikka t3 lite in 223:o????
    Do you need to change your license when you make these Modifications to a rifle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

lovely looking rig you have there, just the kind of thing i'd like in 308. 3 questions for you,what kind of groups are you getting, is it heavy and how long is the barrel

happy shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Is there any reason in particular you went with a 1:11 twist?

EDIT- beauty BTW!!

The barrell is 20" long and John had it in stock at the time is about the only reasion I went for it. I will replace it in time for a 1in9 or even a 1in8.
    I am getting touching groups at 100m and inch at 200 ( prior to putting the AI stock on ), I'll see what it makes at 300 on Friday as ill probably head to Tullamore.
    Yea the rifle is quite heavy but that doesn't particularly bother me to be honest.

There are no proffing houses for alterations in Ireland and as far as I am aware once you don't alter the action or calibre you should be fine with regards to liscence., this is not ideal as some alterations may be open to question from the Gardai.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

thats a mighty fine rifle you have there ,
    i'm working towards something similar myself just need the stock ,the barrell and the sight :D:D:Dand i'll be sorted

best of luck with her ....

ian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Picked up my new stock on Saturday from John Greene.
    happy as a pig in st1t and went out to play on Sunday morning.
    Apologies for the bad pics as all I had was the phone camera.
    I love the feel of the A.I. stocks, I have a second stage 1 stock that John is putting on a .308 FTR build at the moment.

The gun was built by John and I have it quite a while, It was extreemly accurate prior to the new stock was fitted but the A.I. puts it into a different league.
    The spec is as follows.

Remington 700 action in .223 ( trigger replaced ).
    bolt polished etc with tactical handle.
    Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 ( although my leopold is shown is a few of the earlier photographs as I put the N.F. on Sunday afternoon)
    Nightforce one piece mount on picatinny rail.
    Accuracy International stage 2 stock.
    20'' Shelin barrell with 1 in 11 twist.
    Harris bipod
    JZ Compact mod / SS muzzlebreak.

phot2o.jpg
    photo7.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    photo8.jpg

And on the way home spotted these little ladies. (how good is your eyesight ? left of centre of picture), three of them ran across the road and I had to brake like hell to avoid them
    photo.jpg
    I see the deer alright, curious if anyone can see a mouse botom left though:D or is my eyes :rolleyes: Congrats on the new girl btw.. ATB. Kay 9

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

kay 9 wrote: »
    I see the deer alright, curious if anyone can see a mouse botom left though:D or is my eyes :rolleyes: Congrats on the new girl btw.. ATB. Kay 9

yeah there beside that ant ....

ian..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

kay 9 wrote: »

see that two, still not certain it is a mouse though

9s9xr7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

lovely looking rifle , but only accurate rifles are interesting .

post 200yd group

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

Very nice rifle - are the folding stocks OK legally in this country?

What's the hinge mechanism in the AI like - does it lock absolutely solid - how does it stand up over time.

jwshooter wrote: »
    lovely looking rifle , but only accurate rifles are interesting .

post 200yd group

yesssss Sir, will do :D
    probably going to midlands at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Well you may ware.

yesssss Sir, will do :D
    probably going to midlands at the weekend

shoot well, look forward to a full report.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

thelurcher wrote: »
    Very nice rifle - are the folding stocks OK legally in this country?

What's the hinge mechanism in the AI like - does it lock absolutely solid - how does it stand up over time.

If it is AI and built for a target rifle.Would say it locks up like a bank vault.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

jap gt wrote: »
    see that two, still not certain it is a mouse though

9s9xr7.jpg

I'm just wondering whats the best type of ear protection to wear while driving:D;)

All joking aside! nI was in with John Greene yesterday and boy oh boy does he have some gear!

i was man handling a .223 semi auto- lovely gun but TBH its way to heavy for my extended fores;)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭doyle61

love the rifle. now i know why you were excited when i saw you down there:D. wouldnt mind getting sorted out with one of them next year........cant wait to see the face on herself if/when i turn up with onw:P

doyle61 wrote: »
    love the rifle. now i know why you were excited when i saw you down there:D. wouldnt mind getting sorted out with one of them next year........cant wait to see the face on herself if/when i turn up with onw:P

ahhhhh she'll be grand, do what I do , my missus thinks these things are about €300..................… and that's for a good one :-)

ahhhhh she'll be grand, do what I do , my missus thinks these things are about €300..................… and that's for a good one :-)

thats wat I do too....In all fairness it doesnt work but if the Mrs is good she`ll play along with it;)

dwighet wrote: »
    thats wat I do too....In all fairness it doesnt work but if the Mrs is good she`ll play along with it;)

to a point.

jwshooter wrote: »
    to a point.

aye..took me 35 yrs to find a gooden...

A couple of 'Three shot' groups I shot earlier today with Hornady 40gr Vmax (factory loads), it wasn't ideal with a slight grosswind on open mountainside.
    First shot is 100metres
    3shot100mtr.jpg

second shot is 210 metres
    3shotgroup210mtrs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

very tidy, i'm impressed, i'll have to get my tika out and distroy some paper.

i picked up some sako 55g game head and some federal 55g acutip today in thurles stakelums rod and gun , nice lad and very helpfull. they have moved into a big new store. i'll go there again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Nice one, that's a hell of a shooter. I reckon some shooting this weekend is in order for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

Thats a beautiful rifle, i got my AI stock last week,it a stage 1.5 with the adjustable cheek piece in olive green.
    Have to say that once the AI stock is fitted to a Remmy 700 it improves the accuracy a great deal !!!
    Best of luck with the rifle fellow Accuracy International Fan !!!

Advertisement