Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Service Kerosene Pump?

Options
  • 22-02-2010 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I'm looking for a small amount of kerosene to see me through a short term stay in east Galway....does anyone know of places where i could fill a can myself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭galwaynative

I think I saw an ad up for kerosene outside the 'corrib oil' petrol station on the way into Tuam. its the petrol station next to the Church of Ireland Cathedral on the N17. Think the station is a topaz station now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

AFAIK the petrol station in Oranmore village has a pump for kerosene around the back

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Corrib oil on the tuam road out of galway.

Get a 5 gallon drum drive (or cycle) around the back to the kero or mgo (marked gas oil) pump. fill her up.

Got it there a few times meself, mighty job..be careful pouring it into the tank..the key is not to over fill the 5 gal drum in the first place and tilt it sideway when pouring it into the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hal14

Hannons in Dunmore advertise heating oil for sale by the litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭patspost

The corrib oil in Gort has a self service pump for Kero.
    It is the garage on the Galway side of Gort.

• Advertisement
Advertisement