Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When Bank of Ireland is not Bank of Ireland

Options
  • 22-02-2010 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I have an account in BOI in Dundrum.

Last week I was in Belfast and I tried to lodge BOI Sterling notes into my account in a branch up there. I was told I could not do so. Is the BOI in the North not the same company or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Same company, separate subsidiaries. No different than trying to walk into First Trust and lodge into your AIB account - it can't be done. They share a common owner, but operate under two different banking regimes (UK and Irish). You can't walk into BOI here and lodge directly to a NI/UK Bank of Ireland account either.

In the same way to can't make a lodgement into an Irish Bank account from the UK with just the sort code and account number or vice versa (despite both countries using an identical format).

Advertisement