Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Flying Object over Corbally last night

Options
  • 22-02-2010 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

lads was last night a Chinese Celebration or anything?
    Just curios, as what looked like one of those little small ballons with a basket and flame was flying over Corbally last night. Anyone see it ? Looked really strange! Loads of cars pulled into the entrance of St Munchins to look at it. I am sure there were "UFO" claims :rolleyes: But it just looked like a small ballon with a basket and flame from where i was.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Like this?

Flying-Chinese-Lantern-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

Berty wrote: »
    Like this?

Flying-Chinese-Lantern-1.jpg

Spot on Berty
    Least thats what i presume it was
    it was very high up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Are you sure it wasn't John Gilligan's nose reflecting off the moon?

Aidric wrote: »
    Are you sure it wasn't John Gilligan's nose reflecting off the moon?

Slightly off topic i know but i saw said former mayor in town on Saturday in the Bailey......state of him. And to think he is a former Mayor of this city :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

There is always weird stuff flying over Corbally. I still havent got an explanation for massive passenger planes flying over nearly every night between 2 and 3 am.

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    There is always weird stuff flying over Corbally. I still havent got an explanation for massive passenger planes flying over nearly every night between 2 and 3 am.

en route to Shannon perhaps................???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

No passenger flights in or out of Shannon at that time of night. And its just a strange flightpath for a military flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Liam79 wrote: »
    Spot on Berty
    Least thats what i presume it was
    it was very high up

Seen one of them New Years Eve over Westbury around 10pm (ish)

(Like thats any help) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Melion wrote: »
    No passenger flights in or out of Shannon at that time of night. And its just a strange flightpath for a military flight.

Military or civilian doesnt matter-all navigate the same. Aircraft flying at night will get better shortcuts generally than during the for obvious reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

isnt the Chinese new year around this time every year??

could explain everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Icky Thump wrote: »
    isnt the Chinese new year around this time every year??

could explain everything

Wasnt their new year on valentines day ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭TwilightWillow

I saw something exactly like what you're describing fly over cork about 2 weeks ago, looked like a hot air balloon that was on fire. Had the basket shape on the bottom and was just floating along above my house. Really freaked me out at the time! My dad said he saw one as well a week previous to me seeing it.

Wonder does anyone know what they were?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Shammy wrote: »
    Wasnt their new year on valentines day ?

yea it was Feb 14th this year but its aparantly celebrated over 15 days or so

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_New_Year

i dont know if the 15th day was on feb 14th or if its march 1st??

but i would guess chinese lanterns and being this time of the year that would be the best guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Any chance it was a pig ? I mean, it was the week that the Greens actually stood up to some FF corruption ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Liam Byrne wrote: »

Any chance it was a pig ? I mean, it was the week that the Greens actually stood up to some FF corruption ?

Maybe even Dilly O'Wee :D:D:D

Advertisement