Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best ever idea for a game

Options
  • 22-02-2010 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

Okay, so basically I have the best idea for a game ever.

I call it GTA: World. Basically the entire world is made in a game with really great graphics. and ever though it's called GTA it wouldn't actually have any shotting because it's more about just living a second life inside somewhere that is exactly the same as the real world.

And you have to try and level up to be able to drive and to be able to get a job and you're assigned a virtual family (played by real people) when you start so that you mightn't necessarily like them, but it's just like the real world so you can't change your family. This would teach proper moral values to everyone especially kids seeing as they will especially like this game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think GTA: World may be copyrighted. Perhaps you should call it "Real Life".

You can use motion controls for it too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

realityworstgame.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Sounds too much like the sims for my liking.

I spit on your idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sounds like a bad MMORPG to.Second life things have been tried and always end up crap and/or depraved (Ive seen what happens in 2nd life.Filthy mingbats)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

There is a game called Second Life OP which does exactly what you describe.

There is a game called the Sims OP which d...

Your idea is not original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

lol

just lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I think you're on to something... Maybe you should take the idea to Peter Molyneux while he's in Dublin!

You might need to come up with a new name first though, especially seeing as how "Grand Theft Auto" doesn't seem all that relevant to a game revolving around family/work life...

I reckon we should get together for a brainstorming session... I had this great idea for a third person shooter yesterday, your character would be a bald space marine!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

it's more about just living a second life inside somewhere that is exactly the same as the real world.

You should call it "Billy and the Cloneasaurus"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I have that game already. Got it second hand from my Ma back in the late 70's.

At first it was confusing and repetitive but I kept at it and it got a bit more interesting. There was a good bit of soccer and sports in it for a while but then it took on a bit more girls/booze/partying kinda vibe (a bit like Leisure Suit Larry).

Lately though it's become dull and monotonous again and is only spiced up with the very occasional sex scenes. There is a multi-player option for those but I mostly stay single player. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

do you not find that when you play multiplayer that you tend to get viruses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Definately. I also think there aren't enough servers anymore. Hate getting things for myself. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

tman wrote: »

I reckon we should get together for a brainstorming session... I had this great idea for a third person shooter yesterday, your character would be a bald space marine!!!

Or a red shirt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Skerries wrote: »
    do you not find that when you play multiplayer that you tend to get viruses?

Use a good enough firewall and you shouldn't. I find Du-R3-x works well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,435 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Follow your dreams kid! Don't listen to these dried out husks of creativity. I once had an idea for the best videogame ever. It was about a plumber that went around commiting genocide to a race of turtle like creatures by jumping on their heads. I had this idea in my head for 5 years but people thought I was crazy. I told some weird japanese guy in a bar one day and a year later I found out I was on to something and could have been rich and famous if only I had have followed my dreams. I was responsible for the nude chick in Bayonetta but nobody believes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Soccertainer

I personally wouldn't have much interest in playing it but keep trying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

mmm or you could just live your life....games are for having fun and doing things you cant normally....
    shoot people/respawn/invade a country/race at the monaco....etc,.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Follow your dreams kid! Don't listen to these dried out husks of creativity. I once had an idea for the best videogame ever. It was about a plumber that went around commiting genocide to a race of turtle like creatures by jumping on their heads. I had this idea in my head for 5 years but people thought I was crazy. I told some weird japanese guy in a bar one day and a year later I found out I was on to something and could have been rich and famous if only I had have followed my dreams. I was responsible for the nude chick in Bayonetta but nobody believes me.

those crafty japanese. i too had an idea about an ironic hedgehog who was amazingly fast and could destroy robots by spinning at them and i told this japanese guy in a bar and well, ya know. same dude i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Whoosh

A guy starts a joke thread (albeit a bad one) and people take him seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I once had an idea for the best videogame ever.

Back when the SNES came out and I started seeing footage on TV of the glorious games this new generation of consoles could play I started drawing my own side scrolling levels thinking, "one day I will be old enough to get a job making games and turn my games into reality"... then the 3D era started and I was shafted. Screw imagination :(

http://leimrod.com/wp-content/gallery/game-ideas/1.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Back when the SNES came out and I started seeing footage on TV of the glorious games this new generation of consoles could play I started drawing my own side scrolling levels thinking, "one day I will be old enough to get a job making games and turn my games into reality"... then the 3D era started and I was shafted. Screw imagination :(

Epic man! Fair play - but 2D is not dead. With the advent of Xbox Live Arcade etc. 2D is the new 3D.

2 of my top 5 games of last year were Braid and Shadow Complex. Now is your chance to seize your dreams!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

They already made your game!

http://www.kongregate.com/games/I_smell/robot-dinosaurs-that-shoot-beams-when-they-roar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

realityworstgame.jpg

haha brillinat, this made me laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

realityworstgame.jpg

Waiting for XBox port...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Most peoples lives are boring enough that games are used as an escape. Why would you play a game that simulates the part of life that most people use games to get away from ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 BaelNaMblath

Instead, why not just you know, live your life? Keep the game in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Dinosaurs are f'n cool, so I love your game idea. I'll give you 10 million Euro to make this game.

Wait... no, I'm only a billionaire videogame producer/rockstar/deity/bald space marine in my second life - GTA: WORLD! DAMMIT!

Seriously tho, dinosaurs are great.

Advertisement