Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to combine/blend images?

Options
  • 22-02-2010 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi,

Question from a digital art novice.....I'm looking to combine a number of images together to create a header for a page I'm designing. Something similar to the attached header is what I'm looking at.
    If I was to get the necessary images what tools/techniques do I need to perform to achieve this? As I'm doing this for free and a once off I'm only interested in freeware or shareware tools.
    Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Left

The Gimp would be my first choice for free image manipulation software.

I'm not sure how straight forward it will be if you're a beginner, but there seems to be a good variety of tutorials available if you google.

I found this right off - Grokking the Gimp. After you check out The Basics, you'll want to delve into Layers, Selections, and get to know the toolbox.

Hope this helps :)

Advertisement