Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ski & Snowboard Tricks

• 22-02-2010 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭

I was asked an interesting question today about how to learn snowboarding tricks, I'm sure the same applies to Ski tricks.

First off, do you think you can learn how to do a trick from watching snowboarding videos?

If so, what do you videos do you use?

It would be handy if we had one Sticky where we could post, Howto type videos

Just a thought

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Well here's one link to start - http://www.romesnowboards.com/shredtv/category/5/

I'm not sure about learning from professional snowboard videos, maybe for getting ideas on lines and style etc. but I wouldn't say they're much good in figuring out the mechanics of certain tricks.

There's a tonne of WikiHow style sites out there for ski and snowboard tricks (aswell as for skateboarding and the likes) just a google search away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

I don't think its possible to learn a trick from a video, but they can be great for giving you an idea where to begin so you can start visualizing the trick in your head. I watched a ton of frontside/backside 180/360 videos before i even attempted it, i think it great helped.

Some videos are great for figuring out the mechanics and go into great detail about the setup and execution of tricks, these guys in particular, you have to pay for the DVD but they have some good free lessons on their site (I am no way affiliated with this site btw)

http://www.snowboardaddiction.com/spin/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'd say it's the same as with just learning to board or ski in the first place, you have to do. But once you have started "doing" then watching videos of other people can really help you figure out what to do, but even more usefull would be videos of yourself and then watching them back straight away afterwards.

I'd bet that is what Shaun White does on his Project X slope. Does one run down, then watches the video of it before heading back up for another bash. He probably had a big HD screen at the bottom of his half pipe though, but taking it in turns with a mate to video each other would really help, them telling you what you've done is only so usefull, you really need to see it for yourself.

Advertisement