Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key cut in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 22-02-2010 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

Can anyone point in the direction of a key cutting place in Dublin City Centre, preferably on the South Side for convenience. I had a search but couldn't find anything, and google isn't throwing up anything either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

There's one on Dame Street. Can't remember the name of it but it's near the Olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

TimAy wrote: »
    Can anyone point in the direction of a key cutting place in Dublin City Centre, preferably on the South Side for convenience. I had a search but couldn't find anything, and google isn't throwing up anything either.

There's a place on Tara Street near the corner beside the Quays. They'll do it there and then for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Hardware store on Pearse St.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭markpb

Amien St Locksmiths on (oddly enough) Amiens st, right across the road from Connolly Station and underneath the Dart bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

There's a place on Pleasant Street (off Aungier Street) that are really good.

I think it's called The Keyhole but I could be wrong on that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    There's one on Dame Street. Can't remember the name of it but it's near the Olympia.
    Fogarties Lock & Safe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Leeson Street or Earlsforth terrace (can't remember which) at the Green end.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Theres one down the back of trinity, opposite the gingerman pub...or at least there was a year ago!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

One on the first floor of Stephen's Green SC.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

corner of leeson st and earlsfort terrace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

There's one on Talbot street too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,319 ✭✭✭✭Esel

For rare/tricky keys, like some car keys, Central Hardware on North Frederick St is a good place to try.

Christy's on Mary St is one of the cheapest in town for regular Chubb/Yale keys.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Well it's not Soutside and I'm sure the O.P is sorted by now, but I thought I'd add this great little place on Sackville Place (down the side street beside Cleary's).
    It's called "Rapid Shoe Repairs" and it's run by a real Dub and his son. They always have time for a chin wag and I'm shocked it survived the "Celtic Tiger Years" .
    I have always given him my business and get my keys cut in there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Oh. There's also another place on Mercer st, beside Bow lane at the back of Stephens Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

There's one on Lower Pembroke Street, Kingstons hardware Shop

There's one down the laneway to the left of Tesco on Lower Baggot Street, a shoe repair and key cutters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Anyone know if there is a place on open on a Sunday evening where I cut get a replacement key cut?

My housemate has lost his. Would be handy to get one this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Sorry to drag this back up guys but does anyone know a place in Dublin 8 close to Hueston or along the Red LUAS line?

Cheers,
    M

Advertisement