Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer rights when buying from UK

Options
  • 22-02-2010 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

anyone know if you buy something online from the UK,and if I want to complain do I still go to the Irish consumer association of should I contact the UK equivalent?

Ordered something, paid for it directly and I can't get a response from the sellers on the status of the delivery, am over 3 weeks waiting and trying, just checked their site on the forums and loads of people saying they have the same problem with these guys over the past 2 years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Post moved to it's own thread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

cuilium wrote: »
    anyone know if you buy something online from the UK,and if I want to complain do I still go to the Irish consumer association of should I contact the UK equivalent?

Ordered something, paid for it directly and I can't get a response from the sellers on the status of the delivery, am over 3 weeks waiting and trying, just checked their site on the forums and loads of people saying they have the same problem with these guys over the past 2 years.

The consumer associations (Ireland or UK) have no powers. They are both really just magazine publishers (Which magazine) dressed up as consumer advocates. For a cross border issue like yours, your best bet is to contact http://www.eccireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If you paid by credit card, ask the CC company for a charge back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

cuilium wrote: »

Did you not research them before purchasing? If even their own forums are complaining they'd have to have something unique for me to buy from them.

As the others have said CC charge back or the ECC.

Advertisement