Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for scripts.

Options
  • 22-02-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭

I'm part of the film department for a new production company based in Galway. We want to get a few projects going over the next few months and we are looking for scripts from anyone who is interested in getting their work made.

As it stands, we have a talent pool to choose our crew from (including directors) but that's not to say that you can't direct your own piece if you're interested in doing so. Of course, if you are interested in going down this path, it would be an advantage if you have relative experience in directing.

Anyone interested in sending on a script or two, you can PM me for an email address, or even state in this thread that you're interested and I'll PM you. We are open to any genre so don't hold back. Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Rónán.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

Hi,

What kind of thing are you looking for? What kind of budget? Is location important?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 johnnystork

Does your company have a website?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I draw your attention to this thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055750154) as precedent. If you wish to canvas for script writers, I suggest you provide something more please. Some credits or a website link would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Righto, sorry. I'm more used to posting on filmmakersnetwork.

Here is a website for the Company, it's a newish website so it still has some work to be done.

http://www.thecompany.ie/

My real name is Rónán O'Conghaile. I've recently graduated from Film & TV in GMIT where I wrote and directed my first short called WITH MY LITTLE EYE (screened at the Galway Film Fleadh 2008). I wrote a script for another short called MALFUNCTION (screened in Berlin and the Galway Film Fleadh 2009) which won a European Competition and I was awarded a budget to get it made, which I did in the summer of 2008. Here's a link to a review it got at the Fleadh, it's the second last one:

http://www.gaelmovies.com/2009/07/fleadh09-way-out-west.html

My latest short is in the post sound stage.

In regards to the Company, I've been brought on board to help promote the film side. We have the next three shorts films penciled in. A 30 second piece (to be shot next week) a 2 minute piece and a 6 minute piece. We're still on the lookout for scripts that can be done with a low budget as we want to get a slate of projects going to help put The Company's name out there and make people realise that they exist.

Hope this is all the info you need. I understand that people can be apprehensive about sending out scripts to people you know. All I can do is give you my word that I'm not going to steal your idea. If you send me something we like, we'll ask you if we can make it, and you'll get full writer's credit.

If you need any other info, just let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Average-Ro wrote: »
    If you send me something we like, we'll ask you if we can make it, and you'll get full writer's credit.
    Show me the money :D

Is this in the "we'll all get great exposure" vein or is The Company aiming to make a profit on the project and give all contributors a cut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

democrates wrote: »
    Show me the money :D

Is this in the "we'll all get great exposure" vein or is The Company aiming to make a profit on the project and give all contributors a cut?

It's all exposure. We're trying to get their name out there and start making a string of high quality shorts/docs/music videos. This will make it easier to apply for funding and it will start looking good for people apply for Filmbase or GFC script awards if the company name is behind them. Then with funding, we can pay people.

Advertisement