Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i delete or disable my account

Options
  • 22-02-2010 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi
    How do i delete or disable my account here on boards.ie
    Having had a number of posts deleted without explanation and having taken smart comments on the chin at my own started threads, i feel this is not the place for me.
    Its poorly run and very poorly moderatored with double standards to be seen everywhere.

mickmcgee
    (dissappointed user)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hi there

You've had one post deleted. That was on the Animal Welfare forum. If you have a problem with the post being deleted, there's no problem at all with you taking up the issue with the forum moderator by PM, as outlined in the boards.ie dispute resolution procedure.

The forum mods for Animal Welfare are: Bond-007, FAYESY, Hellrazer, star-pants.

For posts with which you take issue and feel you've been insulted and so on, you can report those by clicking on the small warning triangle at the bottom left of each post. Reports are sent to all moderators of the forum.

If you are determined not to use your account again, you can walk away and simply stop using it or alternatively scramble your password so that you can't log yourself back in,

Moved to Help Desk by the way as the best forum for the query.

Thanks to Magnus and Thaedydal for previously answering the queries in Feedback as I was moving it here and answering

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

As Magnus said, if you have a problem with a post then hit the report button and it will be investigated by the moderator of the forum.

As for posts being deleted, one has been deleted as it was deemed inflammatory on a thread. Perhaps you posted while in a bad mood? Having something to say abotu a topic does not always mean it should be said.

Apart from that, you posted in one thread that was closed, nothing to do with your post as far as I can see, jus tthe entire thread got sidetracked and closed.

as for double standards form moderators, please, if you see something you feel to be double standards, report it and bring it to someone's attention. Otherwise things can be overlooked.

I'm not saying boards.ie is for everyone. It wont be to some user's liking and there is a good degree of moderation in place, a constant criiticism from other online fora... which boards.ie has outgrown and outpaced in membership and content quite dramatically.. so we must be doing something right! If there are any areas where you feel improvement could be made, the mods/cmods and admins are always willing to hear suggestions and we cant help but hear opinions :D

Anyway, sorry you feel that boards.ie is not a forum for you. Hope you find one that better suits your posting style and has more or less moderation etc.

Advertisement