Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We are all Poachers (Sunday Buisness Post)

Options
  • 22-02-2010 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭

Saw this in Sundays Buisness Post :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

There is an old adage of "decide in haste repent in leisure" that was one aspect of the licence they forgot to look at with the rush to push it on. Wait for it, Parks and wildlife will bring in a €30 per annum game licence to allow you to hunt game;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Must be going abit gun mad in the editorial office there this week.:):rolleyes:.Either that or we are starting to have some effect somwhere.
    While this looks a lot like a RTKBA issue.I would advise you read the latter half of the article FIRST[Italics are mine] to see that it isnt and a response yet again from Des NARGC

EDIT,
    Article is in the press clippings file.No sense in wasting bandwith,or double posting.;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I'd dispute the assumption that all who are on the new style licence are poaching. If you put hunting on your applications as the reason to why you have or need a gun and the local Super. or Chief Super has decided to grant you the licence you can quite definitly argue that you have received permission to hunt by the state.

meathstevie makes a very valid point, good one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

I'd dispute the assumption that all who are on the new style licence are poaching. If you put hunting on your applications as the reason to why you have or need a gun and the local Super. or Chief Super has decided to grant you the licence you can quite definitly argue that you have received permission to hunt by the state.

If there is no provision for a game license in the new system, how can we be poachers? For not having a license that you can't get :confused: I suppose that technically you could be prosecuted but I would imagine the case wouldn't get far. Personally I think the game license is an outdated and unnecessary piece of administrative red tape. If you have a licensed firearm, and you have a landowners permission to shoot, why should the State feel the need to license you? It's not like you've had to do a competency test or anything to get the license.

• Advertisement

I think that what is causing all the issues was the fact that on the old licenece the following was stated

The certificate for so long as its in force authorises the person to whom it is granted with the firearm to which it relates
    To hunt and kill pursuant to any order under section 24 of the wildlife act 1976 and 2000 which is for the time being in force any protected wild bird within the meaning of the act etc etc etc etc

It linked the firearm to hunting etc, we dont have that on the so called "credit card" type

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Realisticlly,is this our problem????All this and more was pointed out to the powers that be in the consultation stages of this situation.if they dont want to listen.....:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It shouldn't be our problem.
    What that has to do with whose problem it winds up being may be very little though, given that this is Ireland... :(

Sparks wrote: »
    It shouldn't be our problem.
    What that has to do with whose problem it winds up being may be very little though, given that this is Ireland... :(

It will be all fixed within the next year:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

At the rate they're dropping, will the current cabinet still be there next year? Even if we don't see FF bounced out for FG?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Sparks wrote: »
    At the rate they're dropping, will the current cabinet still be there next year? Even if we don't see FF bounced out for FG?

Hopefully Ahearn will be next :D

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Hopefully Ahearn will be next :D

Hear Hear

OR

Here Here

.....not sure which one is correct:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Solidchrome

Hezz700 wrote: »
    Hear Hear

OR

Here Here

.....not sure which one is correct:o

If we're all poachers shouldnt it be Hare Hare :)

Touche'.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Whichever it is, if he does goes there'll be a loud "Har-Har" :D

A right feckin bunch of comedians around here alright:D

Don't give up the sheep farming just yet John:D

Advertisement