Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

converting WMA file to MP3 files??

• 22-02-2010 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭

Does anyone know how to do this - I have a folder in my music and they are nearly all WMA files. Now I have an internet radio it can also access this folder to play mu music, only it needs the files in MP3 format. Does anyone know is there a simpe way to convert all my files from WMA to MP3 ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

VLC may do it. Winamp can be configured to write a .wav file instead of playing to sound card. Audacity can convert to MP3. There are several other converters whose name I've forgotten, but most seemed to have time limitations (time of track) when used free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭zodac

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    VLC may do it. Winamp can be configured to write a .wav file instead of playing to sound card. Audacity can convert to MP3. There are several other converters whose name I've forgotten, but most seemed to have time limitations (time of track) when used free.

You could do this method (Export into WAV Audacity, and export as MP3), but you'd also need to download Lame MP3 Encoder.

Another option would be to use Switch Audio Converter. Really simple to use. It's a trial version, but based on days, so you can do all of your WAV files over a weekend. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

iTunes will convert them for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Tallon wrote: »
    iTunes will convert them for you

Wow install that POS just to recode some files... No thanks :rolleyes:

audacity is the one to go for and the Lame encoder above

Advertisement