Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Composition Help

Options
  • 22-02-2010 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Right I have a really confusing question. Basically for paper 1 I have an essay that tells a story, but is written as a letter directly to another character in the story. Does this count as being a short story? I hope this makes sense...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Doesn't matter what it counts as, as long as it directly answers the question on the paper. A short story in letter form is fine...as long as it answers the question!

If it's a narrative and has a beginning, middle and end then it should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

Sounds interesting and 'different'... always a good thing in English. But make sure it relates to the title. All too often students write a great essay during the year, get an A from their teacher for it, and then try and mould that same essay to fit one of the titles on exam day. Such a huge mistake to make. You have to go in with an open mind and be able to think creatively there and then. A regurgitated essay screams out from the page.

Advertisement