Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Frame Aldi

Options
  • 22-02-2010 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi all,
    So I bought 1 of those cold frames from Aldi,put it together,now I just need to figure what will grow well in it.No expierience in growing so any advice much appreciated.Im thinking of possibly some herbs,chillies maybe some strawberries,basically anything that will be suited to the cold frame.
    Thanks in advance,
    Igor;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ever2010

hi - you'd mostly use these for hardening off plants that you've started inside. Giving them a few hours a day out side in the cold frame will get them ready for the great outdoors!

I think that Lidl are doing them as well this week so going to get my hands on one!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

hi, i am wondering could you keep the likes of chillis in them full time as i imagine they like a higher temp than the irish summer can provide!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Hi igorbiscan, all the chillis I've grown would be far to tall for the aldi ones.You can get seeds that supposedly grow outdoors here but never tried them.

I've always had great sucess from mine on my kitchen and bathroom window sills. More so the bathroom one,they love the humidity:)

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

hi aerosol,
    thanx, I take it you get plenty of light through those windows?,how many hours of sunshine do you think the chillis need for good growing?

Advertisement