Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No test in churchtown

Options
  • 22-02-2010 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Howdy,
    so i went to book my test today, filled in all my details and got as far as test centre and there was no option for churchtown as a test centre for bikes, only Tallaght.
    Im from Rathfarnham so know churchtown a hell of a lot better then tallaght.

rang the Irish school of motoring there & they said 'aww yeah havnt seen any either'

just wondering does anyone know anything about this?,, looks like its Tallaght for me anyways

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I did my test in Churchtown, that was in 1984. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jackhammer

Have you checked if they still do the bike test in Rathgar? It's close enough to the Churchtown test centre so they may have some routes in common.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

tallaght is grand - and tbh - you're better off doing your test on roads that you dont know too well, you're more aware and take less for granted..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Due to changes in th motorbike test, there are a few test locations that do not do it anymore.
    Churchtown and Rathgar are two that do NOT do the motorbike test anymore.
    Tallaght is the only test centre on the south side of Dublin that does the motorbike test, or you could go to Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

The Tallaght roads are fair easy and wide. I don't see a problem, except the obvious one of greater delay. Delay bike tests for the sake of quicker cage tests.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=113389457296382542196.000464398cd1aa1ee6585

One of the guys on biker.ie made a google map of the Tallaght route. My route differed slightly to the route above.

I did mine in Tallaght and I lost the tester less than a minute from the test centre, turning onto the Belgard.:D I think it's impossible to fail the motorcycle test tbh, as I did so many things that should have been instant failures in the first couple of minutes that I was tempted to just ride home mid test. I ended up with just one of the minor marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Nephew wrote: »
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=113389457296382542196.000464398cd1aa1ee6585

One of the guys on biker.ie made a google map of the Tallaght route. My route differed slightly to the route above.

I did mine in Tallaght and I lost the tester less than a minute from the test centre, turning onto the Belgard.:D I think it's impossible to fail the motorcycle test tbh, as I did so many things that should have been instant failures in the first couple of minutes that I was tempted to just ride home mid test. I ended up with just one of the minor marks.

Can be trusting that fella!! (he'll kill me for saying that)

Here's my one http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=116637482389564652605.000470c99cce550b15e4f&z=14

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Mine was the opposite of the 2 maps posted. Mine went through the estates in Tymon and Kingswood and then back to the test center. Done the slow ride and u-turn outside someones gaff in Tymon north which was handy as the road was very wide.:)

That was in 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭Wossack

P.C. wrote: »
    Due to changes in th motorbike test, there are a few test locations that do not do it anymore.
    Churchtown and Rathgar are two that do NOT do the motorbike test anymore.
    Tallaght is the only test centre on the south side of Dublin that does the motorbike test, or you could go to Wicklow.

yep

added requirements for the avoidance and emergency brake maneuvers meant alot of sites didnt have roads suitable for them on their routes...

eejits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 BrotherGrim

P.C. wrote: »
    ...or you could go to Wicklow.

Steep off camber hills on blind junctions....not the easiest place to do a test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭gipi

There's only one venue on the Northside (Finglas) as well. Raheny had to stop testing when the new changes came in.

Advertisement