Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jigsaw recommendation

• 22-02-2010 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good jigsaw at a reasonable price. I had a Lidl one but it never cut accurately and now part of the casing has broken so it's going back.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

My recommendation would be to buy a good brand name (black and decker, makita, dewalt, bosch, etc all have good reputations) make, keeping an eye on your budget in relation to the work you're realistically going to do with the tool. Also, make sure you're using good quality blades, and the right blade for the work (i.e., for the type and thickness of the material you're cutting)!

Good shopping...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

depends what you want to use it for and how often. if you going to be using it every day i would say get an expensive one. but if you will use it like 3 or 4 times a year you can get diy store own brand. i got one in b&Q and it had a laser and all on it. cut striaght as i die. i laid 5 floors with it and its still going strong. i got good blades for it.

blades cost 8 euro the jigsaw only cost 22

but depends what you want to do with it and how often you want to use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Check amazon as well, they generally have offers on everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I bought a semi-professional grade Bosch jigsaw for about €100 in McQuillans some years ago and find it excellent. Look for electronic variable speed,on/ off pendulum cutting action,a decent sized motor and a good long lead. Quality blades are a must. Unless you do a lot of jigsaw work it's not worth spending much more than €100 or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Are MacAllister any good? Model no. MJS500L with a three year guarantee.

Bosch are about €25 more for a similar spec. model but only a one year guarantee - is it worth the extra?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

you would be better off telling us what you need it for and the lads could probably recommed a good on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Occasional DIY use but heavy use when used.

Advertisement