Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional Geography question, please help!:(

Options
  • 22-02-2010 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Im confused! In the regional section, if a question on 'urbanisation' appears, would you write about Tertiary Activites? If not, please help!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

Not positive but the term 'urbanization' I assume would refer to major cities and the developments in suburban areas. I guess tertiary activities could be brought into that in a way but Id say you'd be looking at discussing the why and the how the sprawl happened, the effects the developments had on the region (positive and negative in all sectors geographical, demographic, populations, etc). So say for example you were looking at Italy and talking about Milan Rome and Turin.. you'd have to explain why the areas around these cities grew so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

yes tertiay could be brought into discussion in Urban sprawl or what not, but in your notes or even in your book there should be headings under "Urban Sprawl", but tertiary links into this.Felic hit the nail on the head.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It depends what the question is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭aoifeX

ya you could write about tourism or transport i think u could also write abit about say industry (develops because of Large W/f / domestic market and easier to import/export raw materials etc) and how it helped urban sprawl say for example housing estates being built as a result of increased jobs.. u could also talk about how Agriculture can increase Urbanisation due to spin off industries like food processing, machinery etc developing in the nearbye cities,,
    If it asks for problems as a result u could go on to talk about traffic congestion or something like pollution,,

i would think its a case of combining your regional and human notes 2bhonest..

Advertisement