Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert then going to college to do graphic design

Options
  • 22-02-2010 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi

I am 22 years of age and i am looking to go to college to get a degree in graphic design, i havent got my leaving certificate and i am thinking about doing this now as i left after my junior certificate to work as a web designer then moving my way into the sign & print industry which has been 4 years id say of work expierence in graphic design but i havent got a qualification in this and we all know these days its hard to find a job so im deciding to go-ahead with this, my question is because i dont know much about college, what type of qualifications can i get & which colleges are best to go for graphic design does anyone know ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

www.qualifax.ie has every course in the country.

www.cao.ie has information on courses too if it's a CAO course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 briars

pathway33 wrote: »
    www.qualifax.ie has every course in the country.

www.cao.ie has information on courses too if it's a CAO course.

thank you for your help, much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TheCatcher

NCAD and LSAD would be the two main places to go if you're looking to do graphics. C.I.T also have a graphics department.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Maybe you know this already, but I'm just throwing it out there... maybe you could qualify as a mature student for some courses? I don't know if the Leaving is needed for them, I don't think it is...but if you're over 23 it's all application and interview-based...lot less stressful than sitting the Leaving I'd say!!

Most 3rd level places even have an officer who is devoted to Mature Students, so maybe drop those an email, even if its at another college, just to find out about how the system works?? Good luck, I admire people going back.

Advertisement