Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting From Navan

Options
  • 22-02-2010 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi everyone,

I'm just trying to get an idea of the daily commute, by bus, from Navan to Dublin from people who do it everyday. I'm looking for best and worst case scenarios and anecdotes.

My gf and I are considering buying in Navan....I have to admit that it isn't our first choice but house prices in Dunshaughlin (where we are renting) and Ratoath are still ridiculously over priced in my opinion and we're starting to see a bit more value for money creeping into the market up in Navan (but thats for a different thread).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

well i get the 615 from Kells in town around 750(depending on the driver and traffic).
    I get the 4 bus home(in Navan around 520) or the 530 (its usually quicker).

U just have to get used to the double deckers+lack of air upstairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

My wife gets the bus at 6.05am at the ardboyne hotel into town drops her to stephens green by about 7.15am (she sleeps on it). then gets the 4/4.30/5pm bus home. if she gets the 4 bus then she is usually at her front door for 5.30pm. any of the later buses can take a bit longer. i would expect that some of the bus times could go down once the M3 is open and wonder if bus eireann will be in a position to offer an express service direct to navan along it. also the improvements at the N3/M50 roundabout, auburn ave etc will also improve things.....hopefully:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Tubberclaire

I use to get the 06.30 bus from Navan, and the 16.45 bus home. These were fine at first but with roadworks at blanchardstown drove me mad! I could not stick it along with some pr*cks at Bus Eireann, and I am now driving down the N2 in to town - 45 minutes to Dublin, 1 hour back to Navan. The time may seem a bit mad but it improved our daily lives dramatically. An extra 50 minutes in bed in the morning and home nearly an hour earlier then the bus! Getting in through your door before 6PM is excellent

If your soley relying on the bus, regardless if they sort out Blanchardstown soon, being from Dublin you have no choice but to get use to the commute. I am from Dublin, and 15 minutes on the DART to well over an hour on the bus was hard to take - But certainly sleep through it and you will be fine! By the way the train isn't going to come to Navan until 2015 and even then it will take an hour.

just wondering, house prices in Dublin have plumeted, would it not be worthwhile looking around closer to your current home and workplace?

as well as this, who says you cannot find a job local to Navan, Ashbourne, or even Blanch itself?

Advertisement