Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farm Building planning permission guidelines?

• 22-02-2010 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I am hoping to build a 30 by 20 feet shed in Cork for 2 or 3 animals, but I am not sure if I need planning permission after talking to different farmers. I have been looking on the Cork county council website but it does not have any guidelines for farm buildings. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

look up last weeks journal, acticle about the type of sheds that need permission or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jcd33

Thanks. Just wondering if this is the article that you were talking about http://www.farmersjournal.ie/2010/0220/farmmanagement/farmbuildings/feature.shtml?mn=9&sm=9-1. I know of someone whose shed recently fell down in the weather and they just put up a new shed twice the size with no planning application. Then I know someone who went the planning permission route and 6 months later they are still debating with the council the position of the Shed. There is an article in the journal from 2005 listing farm buildings which are exempt from planning permission but this has obviously change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭John_F

jcd33 wrote: »
    Thanks. Just wondering if this is the article that you were talking about http://www.farmersjournal.ie/2010/0220/farmmanagement/farmbuildings/feature.shtml?mn=9&sm=9-1. I know of someone whose shed recently fell down in the weather and they just put up a new shed twice the size with no planning application. Then I know someone who went the planning permission route and 6 months later they are still debating with the council the position of the Shed. There is an article in the journal from 2005 listing farm buildings which are exempt from planning permission but this has obviously change.

all about who you know and how good your neighbours are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jcd33

I have been told by the council that since we are not a Farm we will need planning permission. We just have 1 and half acre field behind a house. Most of our neighbours are farmers and we don't have any services provided by the council.

• Advertisement
Advertisement