Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

want to lose 3 stone

• 22-02-2010 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

hi, um im just writing to get any advice about losing weight. at the moment i am currently walking quite a bit everyday and eatin as well as i can, however when i go home from college at the weekend the foods vary at home and the parents eat white bread and other stuff which i try to keep away from during the week..
    I am 20, a female, im living away from home and i walk to college everyday which takes me in or around an hour altogether and then go for another walk in the evening after dinner.. my weakness is chocolate, i love fry's chocolate but eat a suare or two at a time after dinner or lunch which makes the bar last longer.
    My typical day's diet consist of
    Breakfast: have a bowl of rice krispies with low fat milk or a boiled egg with brown bread,
    lunch consists of soup and brown wholemeal soda bread, or that bread with piece of fruit,
    Dinner: crispy chicken piece, mixed veg,potatoes, fish, veg, potaotes, or chicken stir fry, oven chips,
    Drinks: i have water or diluted lemon or orange for drinks,or coke zero sometimes
    Snacks: apples, oranges, brown soda bread, grapes,
    Also as I said before fry's chocolate
    any advice would be welcome!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭TheRiddler

hi, um im just writing to get any advice about losing weight. at the moment i am currently walking quite a bit everyday and eatin as well as i can, however when i go home from college at the weekend the foods vary at home and the parents eat white bread and other stuff which i try to keep away from during the week..
    I am 20, a female, im living away from home and i walk to college everyday which takes me in or around an hour altogether and then go for another walk in the evening after dinner.. my weakness is chocolate, i love fry's chocolate but eat a suare or two at a time after dinner or lunch which makes the bar last longer.
    My typical day's diet consist of
    Breakfast: have a bowl of rice krispies with low fat milk or a boiled egg with brown bread,
    lunch consists of soup and brown wholemeal soda bread, or that bread with piece of fruit,
    Dinner: crispy chicken piece, mixed veg,potatoes, fish, veg, potaotes, or chicken stir fry, oven chips,
    Drinks: i have water or diluted lemon or orange for drinks,or coke zero sometimes
    Snacks: apples, oranges, brown soda bread, grapes,
    Also as I said before fry's chocolate
    any advice would be welcome!!!!

Okay so basically the whole idea of losing weight is to burn more calories then you consume. If you do this your body will start to burn fat stores because there is nothing else to burn. You can eat healthily enough but unless you are doing enough exercise you won't lose much weight. Walking is a start but I don't really see much benefit of it to be honest. A fast-ish pace jog for 10-15 mins would burn more then an hour walk.

What college do you go to? Have you considered joining the gym? This could be good for you for a few reasons. You could try and convince your friends to join also and you could go together and motivate each other. Also in any gym really the trainers can give you great advice and make workout plans for you to follow.

Another thing is you said you want to lose 3 stone. This is all well and good but it would be a lot easier if you set smaller goals i.e., you want to lose 2 pounds per week or whatever. Your diet is alright but try to cut out the chocolate and cereals try porridge for breakfast and eat wholegrain bread.

Advertisement