Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Someone answer this??

Options
  • 22-02-2010 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I am moving to england in a few weeks and i was just wondering what i need to sort out with regards to my P45 and PPS numbers and all that stuff. Will those need to be changed. Do i have to apply for anything in england and also is my irish bank account valid for UK companies to pay into????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

Hi there,

You will need to get a national insurance number. To do this you will need to ring up to set up an interview. There is a backlog so if you know when you are moving over you should ring now and try and arrange the interview for close to that date.
    I'm not sure but I doubt you'll be able to use your Irish bank account however I found it easy enough to set up a 'passport' account with HSBC.
    If you haven't worked in the UK before when you apply for a job you'll fill in a Form P46 which should sort out your tax.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

If you already have a job lined up your company might help you with the National Insurance number and setting up a bank account. I already had a NI number but organised a bank account through work

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Have a look at this post, while it's a specific answer to someone else's question most of the links in it will probably contain information you may find useful.

Also, if you'll be anywhere near London once you get here come join us for a drink and a natter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 eric2350

thanks a million that was really helpful. Have no job lined up yet but its better than ireland from what i hear

Advertisement