Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cao Points going up?

Options
  • 22-02-2010 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

hey i was thikin about changing my course nxt year i have 400 points and want to do phisiotherapy in carlow IT which is also 400 points.. is it likely for the points to go up?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭elmoslattery

johnc1118 wrote: »
    hey i was thikin about changing my course nxt year i have 400 points and want to do phisiotherapy in carlow IT which is also 400 points.. is it likely for the points to go up?

the courses are going up because of people who left school early,cant get jobs so are now retraining.
    people who left school early or didnt go to college initially probably won't do phisiotherapy.I think it will be IT couses that will go up.

dont hol me to this....I just assum that people who left school early arent "penpushers" so therefore I dont think they would choose phisiotherapy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

I agree. To reiterate what was just said, Id say courses in Finance, Engineering and IT are the ones most likely to rise significantly with people already holding degrees in those areas going back to do further studies in related areas to strengthen their skills set.
    So, although its wise to look at your options and make a plan B, I wouldn't be crossing off your first choice just cos of fear of not having enough points. Its a guessing game really how things will go and no one can really know until August when the CAO release the points charts and offers get made.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭elmoslattery

felic wrote: »
    I agree. To reiterate what was just said, Id say courses in Finance, Engineering and IT are the ones most likely to rise significantly with people already holding degrees in those areas going back to do further studies in related areas to strengthen their skills set.
    So, although its wise to look at your options and make a plan B, I wouldn't be crossing off your first choice just cos of fear of not having enough points. Its a guessing game really how things will go and no one can really know until August when the CAO release the points charts and offers get made.
    well said

Advertisement