Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone help me?

• 22-02-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

I have a Dlink modem in my apartment.

This is connected to an Eircom router which is shared between all apartments

We do not have the login details for the Eircom Router

Everything usually works ok but came home today and it is asking me for a password for the Eircom Router to login to it.

I can ping my router ,the eircom router and even google.com but when I try to connect to a web page it asks for the details of the eircom router.

I have reset my router know and just wondering how to set it up.

Should the dlink be static,dynamic or ppoe.

Any suggestions would be handy and appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Perhaps you could clarify a little - what exactly is your set up - are you using eircom bb? Surely if you are that would mean you are using the Eircom modem/router with perhaps a dlink wireless router?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

We get free internet with the rent of the apartment.

It is shared amongst a few apartments.

It looks like they have an eircom router setup some place that we cannot access.

Then there is a network port in our apartment where we plug in our dlink router.

This passes the internet through and we pick up the wireless from the dlink.

When I click to get onto the internet it asks for username and password for the netopia 200 router which I am guessing is for the eircom one.

We do not have these details.

I can ping both routers and also google.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it sounds like you need to contact the management company tbh.

you can't just guess that information, it needs to be supplied by the ISP if you don't have it already and they will only provide it to the person who pays the bill.

Advertisement