Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with fallen Curtain pole

• 22-02-2010 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

A few days ago I was awoken to the loud noise of my curtain pole falling to the floor. One of the pole bracket/holder yokes had come off taking a chunk of plaster with it. I've filled up the hole again and got some plastic wall plugs with a view to fixing it back up today. The only problem is I can't for the life of me figure out how I'm meant to screw the holder back up. Here's a pic of it:

4380078300ded423030b.jpg

I just can't see how I'm meant to screw the holder back in. I thought maybe you could take the silver bit off and screw that in and the wooden part would somehow slot into that or something... but the silver bit seems to stuck hard to wooden bit. Probably making a balls of describing this.

I've looked for DIY vids etc and they all seem to have curtain pole holders that have convenient holes for screwing in like this:

0235724_l.jpg

Appreiciate I may have to get a handyman, but would rather try and fix myself (nothing to do with pride, just have no money :( )

Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

The metal plate screws into the wood bracket - you need to remove it, fix it to the wall with good fixings, and then screw the wooden bracket back on. You might need to come up with some way of preventing the metal plate from turning, maybe hold it with a pliers while you unscrew the wooden part. Or seeing as the three screws are still in place, put a bar through two of them to stop the plate turning and unscrew the wooden bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

I'm not sure of the amount of plaster that fell but I find these
    http://www.rawlplug.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=64&Itemid=34

the best for curtain rails and the like! Not sure how they would cope with a large amount of filler..

As Pete said the metal bit should turn out.. Its makes light work if your ever painting just to take down the whole curtain rail.. Quicker than masking and makes life easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Great stuff, much appreciated guys.

Sure enough the metal bit did screw off, just took a fair bit of trying :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

dont try and screw it into the filler u have put in the hole tho.
    move the bracket just to the left of the filler so the wall plug is going into plasterboard,
    the weight of the pole will just pull the filler out of the wall if u put it back into the same spot.

Advertisement