Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Game Awards - Time to Vote **

Options
  • 22-02-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

Time to vote on this year's Games Awards.

http://bit.ly/gameawards09

Conor and Ross are busy with account reactivations (I don't envy them!), so its not hooked into the site. You'll have to enter your Boards User Name on the first page.

Only 1 entry per person please.

Survey closes at midnight on Friday night, results will be available soon after.

Any issues, PM me....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Great job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Bayonetta is on the list, wasnt that released after xmas :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,435 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So disappointed with character of the decade. Basically snake in there twice and when was master chief a decent character?

Hard to choose between overrated game of the decade, Halo 3, Halo 2 or MGS4. Halo 3 wasn't bad just mediocre and out dated and didn't innovate, MGS 4 was awful but nothing compares to the awfulness of Halo 2 and it introducing god awful matchmaking. **** you Halo2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,435 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

calex71 wrote: »
    Bayonetta is on the list, wasnt that released after xmas :confused:

Only for people in PAL land.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Nicely set up. Just voted. Looking forward to seeing the results. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Voted. Racing game of the decade had 2 Burnout games........

• Registered Users Posts: 83,303 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I just stopped answering half way through. Both from having a limited pallete to go off of but Also because the choices get so limited. "Best PCRPG of the Year - WOTLK" "Best Overall RPG - No such option" etc. etc. etc.

Nominees end up in some categories and then totally dropped in others. And that was just the Yearlies. I didnt dare look at the Decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

All questions are optional - if you have no opinion, just skip.
    The "limited palette" is down to the nominees.... blame your co-boardsies. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Ahhhhh, I enjoyed that. Was kind of disappointed with the Game of Decade nominations and then I remembered how many hours I pumped into WOW when it came out. No contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Nice to see a strong SMT presence, although no mention in 'RPG of the Decade'?:(

• Advertisement

It wasn't really a strong SMT presence for me. Persona 4 really should have gotten a nod a lot more in the nominations. It won't win since it's a popular vote but it's a damn strong contender for game of the year and I would love to see it beat out low fantasy snorefest dragon age :) Persona 3 really should have gotten a shout for RPG of the decade as well. I'm not sure I played a better RPG than that all decade.

Nice to see Deus Ex in there, thanks to things getting dumbed down for consoles the only thing coming close to it was Stalker and a shame System Shock 2 missed out by a few weeks.

Story of the decade was a toughie between SotC and Silent Hill 2. SH2 is a wierd one. It's not that great a game but as an experience and story it really is fantastic. I'm not sure I made the best decision voting for SotC but it's defo in my top 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Why do I get the feeling that Halo will get the Best Game of the Decade and Most Overrated Game Of The Decade awards?

Felt Metroid Prime should have gotten a nod in the music / sound design category. Some amazing stuff there.

If the soundtrack was just phendora drifts 2 it would deserve it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looking at those best of the decade nominations is scary! I must have put hours into Tony Hawks 2 8 or 9 years ago - oh how a once lofty franchise is now little more than a bad punchline :(.

Congrats again for organising Mr.E, quite an undertaking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I must have put hours into Tony Hawks 2 8 or 9 years ago

Sigh..... now those were the days /wipes a tear of nostalgia from eye :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm saying it now, Demon's Souls... a game I don't own yet, is gonna sweep these.

It should but not enough people have played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Mr E wrote: »
    All questions are optional - if you have no opinion, just skip.
    The "limited palette" is down to the nominees.... blame your co-boardsies. :)
    I didn't know half the games on the list so I just voted randomly I didn't know I could just skip them.

Surprised Arma 2 only made it into one list and it has no chance of winning that list due to it's small user base.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It should but not enough people have played it.

Doesn't matter, people should vote on how awesome they've heard a game is... FACT!!!

Bit disappointed Trine isn't in the Indie PC games section. Beats out Braid imo, mainly for the excellent coop and visuals.

EDIT: Also, where is SFIV in the PC game of the year list :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

If I knew I could skip options, I wouldn't be questioning myself now for voting Chris Redfield in the Hottest Male category. It's those ripped arms...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Good work:)
    Think there's a typo in PC RPG of the year btw (should be Torchlight, not Torchwood)

L31mr0d wrote: »
    EDIT: Also, where is SFIV in the PC game of the year list :confused:

It only got 2 nominations. If you'd nominated it, it might have got in there.

Trine only got one nomination. If you'd nominated it, it would have got in.

tman wrote: »
    Think there's a typo in PC RPG of the year btw (should be Torchlight, not Torchwood)

Thanks tman, fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I have a feeling GTA:Vice City will clean up in every category its in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Can't believe PES 4, 6 and 2010 are all nominated in best sports game of the decade. Is there that much of a difference between the 3 of em?

I'm just sad that WWF No Mercy got no love.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

First things first, thanks Mr. E! I do enjoy these game awards.

I lost count of how many times I voted for Demon's Souls and Shadow of the Colossus. Deus Ex tipped them both for overall best game of the decade, but I'll it was close. It's a damn hard choice to make but ultimately Deus Ex is just a better 'game', regardless of how Shadow of the Colossus makes me feel. Persona 4 got best story of the year from me, awesome murder mystery RPG is awesome.
    Otacon wrote: »
    If I knew I could skip options, I wouldn't be questioning myself now for voting Chris Redfield in the Hottest Male category. It's those ripped arms...
    Ha! I forgot to nominate Kazuma Kiryu and Dojima for hottest male of the decade, ah well. I voted for Chris Redfield but jaysus are his arms freaky looking. I also should have nominated Patapon 2 as best PSP game of the year, oh well. Good idea Mr.E splitting the hottest character category into male/female.
    Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Voted. Racing game of the decade had 2 Burnout games........
    Sure yeah they're very arcadey but a lot of people like that. There are certainly much better racing games that I own/have owned (particularly better racing sims) but I think I've had the most fun playing Burnout Paradise so I voted for that. It gets a lot of love from me for all the free DLC they put out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

There are good few omissions TBF.

Empire: Total war was left out of the PC strategy category, and PC game of the year, it never got a mention.

Gran Turismo 3 left out of driving game of the decade, when it is considered by many to be the best driving game ever made.

They were the two most glaring, but there were many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

that was fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Was a bit dissappointed Rome: Total war wasn't there, seeing as it's one of the only RTS's i've played this decade! (Other than a few C&Cs).

Uncharted2 got most of my year votes, didn't bother with alot of the decade stuff seeing as i've only really gotten into gaming in the last year or 2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

people. stop complaining about omissions. Games were based on nominations, and if the game you liked didnt get enough, well... tough. If you REALLY wanted it in the voting you should have got your friends to vote, but then it would seem rigged :pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement