Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oh really?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Why is he a moron? It was probably a 10-12 minute interview which they took one comment from and made into a headline. And it's not as if he's wrong. The question was more than likely fairly leading, I've heard him be asked such questions plenty of times. I don't know how he isn't sick of "Some people would say you only won because you had the best car." He's just answering the most logical and accurate way possible, ie, when was the last time someone won a championship with a car only capable of being at the back of the grid?

Also, "exicting"? I'm excited but if I were a journalist I'd run spellcheck because putting a ****ing article up. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Gintonious wrote: »
    What he should have said was "I wouldn't have won without a top car". Fail to see his logic here, moron.

Fail to see your logic here, moron!

If it was Alonso saying this would you be so negative? Can you name one driver who has transcended a midfield car to win a title? I can't and I dare say either can anyone here.

A driver can make up for a terrible car and win a race-see Schumacher in the wet Spanish GP in 96- but they can't win a title over a 16-19 race season in a poor car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

frostie500 wrote: »
    Fail to see your logic here, moron!

If it was Alonso saying this would you be so negative? Can you name one driver who has transcended a midfield car to win a title? I can't and I dare say either can anyone here.

A driver can make up for a terrible car and win a race-see Schumacher in the wet Spanish GP in 96- but they can't win a title over a 16-19 race season in a poor car

Good man, well sound. im not saying Schumacher won titles in a bad car, clearly drivers that win championships have the best car, or one of the best cars.

It probably is just bad journalism, reading over it now i did take it out of context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Gintonious wrote: »
    Good man, well sound. im not saying Schumacher won titles in a bad car, clearly drivers that win championships have the best car, or one of the best cars.

It probably is just bad journalism, reading over it now i did take it out of context.

See there's a reason pretty much all of the drivers get on really well, and certainly far better than you would imagine yourself doing so if you were in the situation because they all know right well the kind of BS that comes from the media. We often hear how much they're in the media spotlight and interviewed etc. yet very little ever makes it to the wider media. What does is usually an out-of-context quote made into something it isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

amacachi wrote: »
    See there's a reason pretty much all of the drivers get on really well, and certainly far better than you would imagine yourself doing so if you were in the situation because they all know right well the kind of BS that comes from the media. We often hear how much they're in the media spotlight and interviewed etc. yet very little ever makes it to the wider media. What does is usually an out-of-context quote made into something it isn't.

Yeah good point,will have to pay closer attention in future to these dam stories

• Advertisement
Advertisement