Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Lettings

Options
  • 22-02-2010 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Looking for a house/flat in galway for about 3 months in the summer to live down here and work, does anyone know wheres the best place to look for them and also what's the best time to start looking for them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The usual, daft.ie and Advertiser.
    It'll take you about 2-3 weeks to find a nice place at the most I think.
    The longer you look the more places you can see but also, if you don't commit someone else can snatch it up.

Tons of threads with advice here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Are you looking for a 2 bed apartment in the city centre or a semi-D in the suburbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Are you looking for a 2 bed apartment in the city centre or a semi-D in the suburbs?

Anything which could hold 4/5 people that's either close to town or in Salthill.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

If it's particularly during the summer months (i.e, outside of academic year) places like Glasan, Gort na Coiribe, Menlo Park apartments and Corrib Village let out the apartments for these times. You might find it difficult to source such a "short-term" let from Agent-managed properties. Usual rental period is no less than 6 months, although this might be more negotiable nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

Just 2 ideas, number 1 would not be your (or my) first option maybe but it is tangible.

Gleann nA Ri which is a student village, the rates you see are high but you can bargain I'm sure. It is not the most convenient location for you maybe but my mum stayed there for 2 weeks when she was visiting and got a penthouse apartment there with balcony which was quite nice.
    http://www.galwaybayholidays.com/

Salthill as you suggest I think is they way to go for staying here 3 months but you might end up paying top dollar for it. I stayed there for a week in a really nice apt before i moved here cost about 6-700 a week i think for a 2 bedroom apt. This is a few years back and the market had changed so maybe if you got on to something like this:

www.daft.ie/2846440

and asked them to rent it for 3 months I doubt they would say no. The above is just an example don't know where in Salthill it is or who the dude is renting it out but it looked ok in the pictures.

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭AutumnComission

A friend of mine is letting her house out for the summer as she has students in it come mid Sept. It is in a pretty new housing estate beside GMIT? Not sure of exact details but I think there is four girls livin in it at the mo and they have lived there from day one so its well looked after. . pls p.m. if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Glen300

<singing up to advertise something isn't allowed, mod>

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please don't bring back threads from yesteryear.
    Also singing up to advertise something isn't allowed.
    Use daft.ie or Advertiser or adverts.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement