Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox live mod

• 22-02-2010 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭

getting a bit too big for his boots

anyone know if this is a fake or viral or wha, seems too good to be true

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

duploelabs wrote: »
    getting a bit too big for his boots

anyone know if this is a fake or viral or wha, seems too good to be true

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

2 sides to every story:

http://360.kombo.com/article.php?artid=18593

Over the weekend, we brought you word that had been circulating about an Xbox LIVE moderator who had been abusing his power. For those who haven't yet seen the video, it was removed from the account of the YouTube user we had posted, but can still be seen here and here.

Xbox LIVE Police Chief Stephen Toulouse, however, disputes the legitimacy of the video. "Yes I've seen the heavily edited video of The Pro", he told Kotaku, "the audio is clearly recut to omit the threats and ToU (Terms of Use) violations" made towards the moderator.

Toulouse did say he would "certainly speak to The Pro about his tone," but added that any mention of banning made in the clip was in reference to users who were caught modding while playing Modern Warfare 2. As players of the game should be well aware, such actions are punishable by having both the user's Xbox LIVE Gold account and their console suspended.

So, with both sides of the story laid out, who do you believe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Check the games forum, one the kids is edited out in the first it has it un edited, I believe one quote is" I'm going to **** your grandmothers mouth so hard till it bleeds"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

wait, xbox live HAS mods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I think I'd lose the will to live if I had to mod these games and these kids all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Check the games forum, one the kids is edited out in the first it has it un edited, I believe one quote is" I'm going to **** your grandmothers mouth so hard till it bleeds"

And that she would fly out the window :eek:

The mod should have been a bit more of a Pro ;) but the guy getting banned did break the rules. Ive no sympathy for dopey kids shouting their mouth off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

They should be lucky it wasn't me, there'd be rage banning left right and center. Talk in a high pitched voice...banned. Keep beating me and make me realise that I'm crap and far too old to be still playing the xbox....banned. Actually play the game with skill and patience and keep killing me as I run like a moron to the same spot over and over again and fail to learn from my mistake...banned.And worst of all...be American...banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Meatwad wrote: »
    They should be lucky it wasn't me, there'd be rage banning left right and center. Talk in a high pitched voice...banned. Keep beating me and make me realise that I'm crap and far too old to be still playing the xbox....banned. Actually play the game with skill and patience and keep killing me as I run like a moron to the same spot over and over again and fail to learn from my mistake...banned.And worst of all...be American...banned.

here here :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

what games forum? link please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

• Advertisement
Advertisement