Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 waterford1

Had "dinner" in flame last night ....... Well if that's what u called it possibly the worst experience I have ever had group of 4 of us most of the food was cold and had to be sent back steaks we ordered medium came raw and couldn't be eaten due to them being so tough no beer on draft staff didnt seem to have a clue what they were doing and at the end of all that we were still presented with the full bill for food we sent back can safely say I will never be back what a disaster ended up goin for chips on the way home should of just got them in the first place !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

waterford1 wrote: »
    Had "dinner" in flame last night ....... Well if that's what u called it possibly the worst experience I have ever had group of 4 of us most of the food was cold and had to be sent back steaks we ordered medium came raw and couldn't be eaten due to them being so tough no beer on draft staff didnt seem to have a clue what they were doing and at the end of all that we were still presented with the full bill for food we sent back can safely say I will never be back what a disaster ended up goin for chips on the way home should of just got them in the first place !
    Did they rob you of full stops too!!?
    It's very hard to read!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 waterford1

Did they rob you of full stops too!!?
    It's very hard to read!

Haha sorry about that I seem to forget punctionition whilst writing a reply through the phone !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 flomotion

waterford1 wrote: »

My first time commenting on Boards! I had dinner in Flame on Saturday night with my wife and her friend. I will DEFINITELY be going back there. We were waiting a bit for Starters but it was very busy there and the Staff did keep us up to date. Food was really good, staff were nice and I thought it was really good value. Good to see something new in this town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Its actually not your first time commenting on boards, to be a little picky ;)

Have to say, I couldnt actually disagree more about Flame, will never be going back there!

But glad you seemed to catch them on a good night.

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Its actually not your first time commenting on boards, to be a little picky ;)

Have to say, I couldnt actually disagree more about Flame, will never be going back there!

But glad you seemed to catch them on a good night.

You're picky alright

Quite picky about what restaurants I choose to spend my money in these days alright!

Good food and good service is usually a basic requirement for me :)

Quite picky about what restaurants I choose to spend my money in these days alright!

Good food and good service is usually a basic requirement for me :)

Good for you but you seem to have a chip on your shoulder. I enjoyed Flame anyway and best of luck to them......and to that other new place Caseys Steakhouse too. Waterford needs people to take a chance on improving the night-time offering. I prefer to encourage these places rather than having a moan....but thats just me

flomotion wrote: »
    Good for you but you seem to have a chip on your shoulder. I enjoyed Flame anyway and best of luck to them......and to that other new place Caseys Steakhouse too. Waterford needs people to take a chance on improving the night-time offering. I prefer to encourage these places rather than having a moan....but thats just me

Nope, no chip whatsoever, maybe your misreading the posts?

Simply because I dont like the restaurant you said you liked doesnt mean I have a chip buddy.

Caseys was good when I went there alright, lunch menu is very good

Nope, no chip whatsoever, maybe your misreading the posts?

Simply because I dont like the restaurant you said you liked doesnt mean I have a chip buddy.

Caseys was good when I went there alright, lunch menu is very good

Ah go on you have a chip on each shoulder. Best to leave the world to your negative comments I suppose. Going by some of your other posts you're full of great opinions :) You really are what gives Boards a bad name and little credibility. Sad really.

For anyone else who's interested in a more positive outlook Berfranks is a great spot for lunch and a sneaky glass of wine.

• Advertisement

Ah go on you have a chip on each shoulder. Best to leave the world to your negative comments I suppose. Going by some of your other posts you're full of great opinions :) You really are what gives Boards a bad name and little credibility. Sad really.

For anyone else who's interested in a more positive outlook Berfranks is a great spot for lunch and a sneaky glass of wine.

I genuinely did a small lol at this :)

My good man if criticism of your restaurant bothers you I suggest you dont look at many of the posts relating to it in this thread, you are coming across as someone with a chip in fact. In case you failed to notice I had nice positive things to say about Caseys!

I am interested as to what other opinions of mine you deem to be what gives boards a "bad name and little credibility", which is "sad really"

Never been anything but honest here so the credibility one should at least give me a laugh

Pm me if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭valpuk

Hmmmm okay..this thread hasnt gone off topic @ all.....
    I went to Flame on Sat for the first time with the girls from work for lunch (about 2pm) and we had a lovely 3 course
    Staff were lovely
    Food was fabulous
    And great atmosphere
    Love the decor and the way the restaurant is laid out
    We were a little loud with our chatting and joking but felt like it was ok to be like that due to the atmosphere and how relaxed it was in there
    Will definately be going back there
    I personally aint into the restaurants where the staff are not suppose to be seen or heard. I enjoy the more relaxed places and personally I am delighted to see people taking chances on opening these kinda places, really paid off!

In Caseys again last night, food and service were both excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Is your surname Reilly?

Is your surname Reilly?

???:confused:

"...living the life of reilly..."

Not as funny if you have to explain it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

13 of us went to Casey's last week for the wifes birthday I have to say I couldn't complain. everyone seemed happy with their food and some of them thought it was very very nice. My steak came out Rare when I ordered blue but that didn't bother me at all. Their fillet steak is seriously nice.

Service was A1 given how they can be a bit slow but they were very friendly. I didn't fancy a desert but they even made made a Bailey's coffee even though they don't hav them on the menu which was sound.

All in all I'd just about call it my new fav place in town but I'm gonna chance flame next as I hear it's nice to.

No Darren, in there friday for sisters birthday :) just about scraped the pennies together :)

G'way out of it Brian...you're wining and dining every day of the week. Didn't you win the Telly Bingo last year?

G'way out of it Brian...you're wining and dining every day of the week. Didn't you win the Telly Bingo last year?

It was actually a great run of scratch cards, kept on getting ones with 50euro on them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭deiselack

Went to Casey's last week with a few friends. Staff very friendly. Place was busy. Food was great, can't complain. Ordered a medium rare steak and it was beautiful, like a knife through butter mmmmm.

Dessert wasn't that great though, was like a frozen cake outta Alidi (not knockin Aldi!!). It was meant to be a baileys cheesecake, couldn't get any taste of baileys :confused:

Would go back though! Not bad for a 2 course meal for €19.50!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ILoveShoez

ziedth wrote: »
    13 of us went to Casey's last week for the wifes birthday I have to say I couldn't complain. everyone seemed happy with their food and some of them thought it was very very nice. My steak came out Rare when I ordered blue but that didn't bother me at all. Their fillet steak is seriously nice.

Service was A1 given how they can be a bit slow but they were very friendly. I didn't fancy a desert but they even made made a Bailey's coffee even though they don't hav them on the menu which was sound.

All in all I'd just about call it my new fav place in town but I'm gonna chance flame next as I hear it's nice to.

Flame is gorgeous but I find that their menu is very small - no real choices on it.

Fiance and I are going to try Casey's on Friday night! I love my steak!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Is The Strand Inn good... probably €20 for a piece of white fish as usual in Ireland I suspect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

mozattack wrote: »
    Is The Strand Inn good... probably €20 for a piece of white fish as usual in Ireland I suspect?

It is very good but pricey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

mozattack wrote: »

I had my son's confirmation lunch there 2 years ago and it was excellent and good value - set menu with a number of choices. The service was very good and the staff were friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Hoover

Looking for a nice restaurant for a couple to enjoy a nice meal on a monday night in Waterford.Needs to have a nice atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

Hoover wrote: »
    Looking for a nice restaurant for a couple to enjoy a nice meal on a monday night in Waterford.Needs to have a nice atmosphere.
    Emilianos Italian restaurant is very nice with a lovely atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Supposed to be going to that mclearys place next Saturday and I was just wondering do they sell Bulmers cider there?:confused: Likes to have a few bottles when I'm having me dinner:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Supposed to be going to that mclearys place next Saturday and I was just wondering do they sell Bulmers cider there?:confused: Likes to have a few bottles when I'm having me dinner:D
    (051) 853444
    Only one way to be sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

Went to La Palma Saturday night with 2 other people and the food was divine.

We decided to choose off the early bired menu which included steak for a €3 supplement. I had that and it was like butter and you got a nice sizd portion.

I saw someone complain here about not getting bread and that but as soon as they had taken our orders we got bread-choice of white, guinness or both - and a amuse bouche, which on that night was a beautiful tomato soup.

So our bill in total for 3 starters, 3 mains, one dessert, 2 coffees, 1 bottle of nice red wine and 2 liquiours was €98. I mean that was excellent value and everyone was stuffed afterwards. Staff were lovely and even though the place was busy there was no rush on anyone to leave tables etc.

Def cannot wait to go back.

Advertisement