Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wowburger looks better for selfies and all that

Food is ok nothing special

I haven't tried Wowburger but generally I find those type of chains very overrated. Same as Five Guys - queues out the door for a sloppy, greasy product.

Phat Cow in Grady's Yard do a smashing burger. Pricey but worth it for a treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHGuCBxHmXj/?igshid=1qu34jywym1dv

Looks interesting, takeaway pints in Red Square so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Sounds horrific tbh. Exactly like being a wino. In fact the local winos and dead beats will likely buy themselves a few plastic pint glasses and share the ambience without paying pub prices. lol

Sounds horrific tbh. Exactly like being a wino. In fact the local winos and dead beats will likely buy themselves a few plastic pint glasses and share the ambience without paying pub prices. lol

A Waterford street crawl

Yeah think this new arrangement could become messy esp with Christmas/New Year coming up

Never knw we might go back a few levels and pubs could reopen

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

A Waterford street crawl

Yeah think this new arrangement could become messy esp with Christmas/New Year coming up

Never knw we might go back a few levels and pubs could reopen

I don’t think pubs are expected to be open for the remainder of the year, this has been widely mentioned in the media over the last week or two. At best it will be level 3 for the month of December I reckon.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I don’t think pubs are expected to be open for the remainder of the year, this has been widely mentioned in the media over the last week or two. At best it will be level 3 for the month of December I reckon.

Yeah but can still see outdoor pubs been very busy over December. Tbh 15 max numbers is more hassle than its worth

Maybe fully pedestrianising the apple market full time for December might help and the places down there can work with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

All over Europe you can have a drink walking around enjoying a city centre from a plastic cup/glass or whatever. Always the Irish will think of the worst case scenario to come from something like this.

All over Europe you can have a drink walking around enjoying a city centre from a plastic cup/glass or whatever. Always the Irish will think of the worst case scenario to come from something like this.

Other than the UK and maybe some of the more severe Eastern states, I think it's fair to say the rest of Europe doesn't have the same same negative relationship to alcohol and drunkenness that we do.

Big feckin difference between the Mediterranean lads enjoying a few beers in the piazza and what goes on in town centres here every normal weekend.

The best thing that may come from CoVid may be the death of pubs as we know them: people going to the pub, just to be going to the pub. The weakest performers will die off and what's left may actually have to offer something other than just alcohol to earn custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Motivator

The best thing that may come from CoVid may be the death of pubs as we know them: people going to the pub, just to be going to the pub. The weakest performers will die off and what's left may actually have to offer something other than just alcohol to earn custom.

So in your opinion, “The best thing that may come from Covid” is that hundreds of pubs will close permanently. Am I reading that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Gardner

jaysus he uses the word "cheeky" in describing one having a drink. gob****e

• Advertisement

Motivator wrote: »
    So in your opinion, “The best thing that may come from Covid” is that hundreds of pubs will close permanently. Am I reading that correct?

Yeah. And not just pubs. It may have a cleansing effect on the market for a while host of things and a lot of the hangers on who were offering no value may fall by the wayside. People may make better choices with regard to who they give their money to. There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth of course but ultimately it's a positive to get rid of vampire businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Motivator

Yeah. And not just pubs. It may have a cleansing effect on the market for a while host of things and a lot of the hangers on who were offering no value may fall by the wayside. People may make better choices with regard to who they give their money to. There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth of course but ultimately it's a positive to get rid of vampire businesses.

Wow, that’s some attitude to have. No point in trying to debate this with you, I’d only lose the rag.

Wow, that’s some attitude to have. No point in trying to debate this with you, I’d only lose the rag.

Bruce Banner is it?

Yeah , best left ignored. Laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

He's after stepping in something M' It's called bulls***! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I haven't tried Wowburger but generally I find those type of chains very overrated. Same as Five Guys - queues out the door for a sloppy, greasy product.

Phat Cow in Grady's Yard do a smashing burger. Pricey but worth it for a treat.

Same with Eddie Rocketts. Such ****e food they sell for the prices they charge. They charge you for all pseudo American diner experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Amigos are doing deliveries now on just.eat I believe. Great food they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

New Indian restaurant opened on O'Connell today that looks really good!

https://www.facebook.com/TheHolyGrailWaterford/?ref=page_internal

https://www.facebook.com/TheHolyGrailWaterford/?ref=page_internal

The fact they have lasagne on the menu means I wouldn't eat in there if you paid me. Part of a chain of restaurants as well. Doesn't the sign outside say indian/asian/European cuisine or something? Not for me but best of luck and hope they do well and keep some people in employment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,712 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Takes some balls to do that, best of luck to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

The fact they have lasagne on the menu means I wouldn't eat in there if you paid me. Part of a chain of restaurants as well. Doesn't the sign outside say indian/asian/European cuisine or something? Not for me but best of luck and hope they do well and keep some people in employment.

Think it says Asian cuisine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭dzilla

good luck to them. seen they have Beef Stroganoff on the menu. bit strange I thought.

All the best but for me Peppers won't be beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Murphy2020

Can't see past Peppers, best Indian in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Always end up with EastEnders when I'm going Indian over the years. Tried all the rest and nothing wrong with some of them but they are always my go to.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I'm always surprised how well the pizza/kebab/chippers etc places do in Waterford, suppose the prices are cheap enough

Few shady characters going in and out of them sometimes tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Well that's a nice sweeping post, any chance of being more specific or is it just all the non Irish? (As obviously there's no shady characters ever in and out of those places)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Well that's a nice sweeping post, any chance of being more specific or is it just all the non Irish? (As obviously there's no shady characters ever in and out of those places)

Fixed it now few places would have a few undesirable characters going in and out at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Fixed it now few places would have a few undesirable characters going in and out at times

Revolutions a classic example. That place would take anyone, the amount of very strange people Ive seen shuffling in and out of the place over the years is mad, the staff dont even blink an eye anymore.

Revolutions a classic example. That place would take anyone, the amount of very strange people Ive seen shuffling in and out of the place over the years is mad, the staff dont even blink an eye anymore.

Don't worry there just young entrepreneurs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Any list of where is open for a sit-down meal?

Emilianos
    Kyoto
    The Reg
    The Cove
    Uluru
    Sabai
    Pinks
    Kashmir Tandoori

Advertisement