Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Options
1515253545557»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I'll be visiting Waterford tomorrow and Saturday. Does anyone have recommendations for somewhere nice too eat? Not formal or too expensive, and with vegetarian options.

Cafe Goa looks nice, as does Peppers, any thoughts?

TIA!

Post edited by igCorcaigh on

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Rustyman101

Both nice india, Sabai Thai food, Emiliano's Italian, azzuro Dunmore East Italian pizza etc, Geoffs pub grub apple market. Everetts excellent food not formal but not cheap,

Thanks @Rustyman101, looking forward to seeing Waterford, there should be a good buzz around the town 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

Momo on Patrick street.Old couch cafe,o Connell street ,you also have the Phoenix yard where there is Mexican,Polish food...,also the Granary on same street,is nice...

Have a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Bell Pepper also in George’s st, Thai food very well prepared and tasty, was in there last night, and the food was great and plentiful, friendly staff and excellent service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I see that Veronica's Cafe in the Book Centre is closing up this weekend. Looks like The Book Centre wants to use the space for something else.

Also noticed that the shutters were down on the quite newish opened Berkana cafe/take-away in Michael Street yesterday with a To Let sign. And Boston Donuts I don't think has opened in months. Hopefully these units can reopen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

I didn't even realise Berkana had a place on Michael Street and will be very sad if they close without getting to try it. I always thought Michael Street is the perfect location for little cafes and bakerys considering how much footfall it gets, kind of like Kieran Street in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

That's a shame the second Berkana didn't take off, it brought a bit of life back to Michael Street. I've got food there a couple of times but I'm not sure if they were fully committed to it from the start to be honest. There were some weeks where it seemed to be closed half the days of the week and then other times I tried to buy stuff there they didn't have any stock, like as if they were only stocking the bare minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,379 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Such a shame to see The Tavern stopping food service for an 'undetermined amount of time' after this weekend due to Supply/electricty costs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

The Tavern is a kip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

They were also looking for a chef too so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the real issue. Food really was terrible the last couple of years there.

Not in the city, but Mezze in Tramore... Worth a visit if I were in the area?

Post edited by igCorcaigh on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Had a breakfast there recently - it's different but was delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ImAHappyCamper

I was in the old couch last Saturday night and it was absolutely phenomenal. Up there with any Michelin star restaurant. Waterford should be proud to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭nomoedoe

It’s actually closing down soon one of the owners is moving back to Cork and the other is staying in Waterford i think

Suppose it's suitable to this thread

Four Star and Bun Bros reopening down in John Street

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

New Mexican Food truck just opened out on the Cork road... Out around McConnell's garage..La Vida Loca...not just Text Mex but also Mexican...best of luck to them

Very impressive market around town for the Harvest festival

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

What's Heerys like to eat in? I'm thinking of going there at the weekend

• Advertisement

Not great. Had it before twice and never went back. Gave it the benefit of the doubt and went back a second time.

Advertisement