Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

kryogen wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ Your birthday is in August Ian!

My Wife wrote that post .lol

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Dreams aloud

Just wondering what people think..i know a case of a few people arriving at a certain new chinese restaurant & asking for a table only to be looked up & down & told that they might be better off getting a takeaway because they were dressed in casual clothes. I was shocked about this, like surely they could hide them at a corner table or something out of the way but is that not just insulting people?!, hardly a good way to start out in business!

To make it relevant to this thread better say that i haven't eaten there myself but have heard only good reviews!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

cant imagine that happening tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭next

cant imagine that happening tbh
    me neither, I'v eaten there and the staff are very friendly and food was great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Unless they were people of a Travelling Persuasion.

• Advertisement

Not at all, just one of the people was in a tracksuit. Personally i wouldn't dream of going to a restaurant on a Sat evening dressed casually so can see where the restaurant is coming from, like obviously they wouldn't be impressed but to voice it is a different story! Also i have nothing against the restaurant or the staff etc, have heard nothing but positive reviews about the place & looking forward to trying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Suggestions please for thurs the 28th Oct! My bro and his girlfriend are coming down for the night!

La Palma and Sabaii are always excellent

Depends on what kind of food your looking for though? is it restaurant/casual dining
    Italian/Chineese/Thai? etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭ilovetorun

Emiliano's is a fantastic Italian-ask for a table downstairs-they tend to put groups upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

ilovetorun wrote: »
    Emiliano's is a fantastic Italian-ask for a table downstairs-they tend to put groups upstairs.

I was just about to ask about Emilano's, if it's still as good as it used to be as I've heard a few shaky rewiews of it lately

• Advertisement

I find Emilianos quite overrated these days and really couldnt look past La Palma for fine Italian dining.

I find Emilianos quite overrated these days and really couldnt look past La Palma for fine Italian dining.

Yeah I've heard that about La Palma but I think it's more flashy than I really want. I'm looking for some where cosy rather than flash, I was thinking of Le Atmosphere but again I've heard some poor reports.

hmmm....i dunno, La Palma doesnt strike me as too flashy, but each to their own! L'Atmosphere is ok, it can be hit and miss i guess!

hmmm....i dunno, La Palma doesnt strike me as too flashy, but each to their own! L'Atmosphere is ok, it can be hit and miss i guess!

OK, maybe flashy is the wrong word maybe modern would be better where the "rustic" style of Emilanos or L'Atmosphere is more apealing.

Maybe try Bodega, i've never had a bad meal there & it has the cosy atmosphere you seem to be looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jay.i.am

Thumbs up from me for L'Atmosphere second time ive dined there this year and could'nt fault it.Also had a nice early bird in Emilianos recently great value seems to be back up to the stanard of a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

Maybe try Bodega, i've never had a bad meal there & it has the cosy atmosphere you seem to be looking for.

Ex spot, would deffo go there again:D

jay.i.am wrote: »
    Thumbs up from me for L'Atmosphere second time ive dined there this year and could'nt fault it.Also had a nice early bird in Emilianos recently great value seems to be back up to the stanard of a couple of years ago.

Yes was great last time there, would rec to everyone

Just wondering what people think..i know a case of a few people arriving at a certain new chinese restaurant & asking for a table only to be looked up & down & told that they might be better off getting a takeaway because they were dressed in casual clothes. I was shocked about this, like surely they could hide them at a corner table or something out of the way but is that not just insulting people?!, hardly a good way to start out in business!

To make it relevant to this thread better say that i haven't eaten there myself but have heard only good reviews!

Wheres the restaurant?

J-Fit wrote: »
    Get your asses into La Taverna. It's awesome.
    do you mean la taberna? not quiet sure but where is it ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

nope he means la taverna,the italian on the high street opposite peter marks .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

alco.29 wrote: »
    went to the imperial garden today the new chinese on the cork road and i have to say im well impressed. Got the early bird menu at 18.50 for four couses ya cant go wrong. The food was fantastic and the service was great. All round it was a pleasant experiece and will definitely go back....... Yummy

Hi, Does anyone know if this chinese is open?

I drove out there for lunch on Saturday but the place was locked up. Said on the banner above the door, open 7 days a weeke 12.30 pm - 23.30pm.
    This was around 2ish. So seeing as the chinese was closed, said Id walk round to fitzpatricks which was also closed? Said also on a sign open for lunch.

Any idea's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 thegoldenchild

sorrywhat wrote: »
    Hi, Does anyone know if this chinese is open?

I drove out there for lunch on Saturday but the place was locked up. Said on the banner above the door, open 7 days a weeke 12.30 pm - 23.30pm.
    This was around 2ish. So seeing as the chinese was closed, said Id walk round to fitzpatricks which was also closed? Said also on a sign open for lunch.

Any idea's?

No idea why they would have been closed on Saturday, very strange. They are definitely open, only got takeaway there last night. Drove past there on Saturday at about 3.30pm, and they looked as if they were open....strange that Fitzpatrick's were also closed....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 haydo333

I'd the early bird menu here last weekend. Food was unreal with a decent choice for the early bird which was only 14euro each for starter, main course and tea/coffee. Really good value and great service. I'll definitely be going back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

Anybody try the Hairy Pig over the Exchange,menu looks very nice.3 courses and 5 pints 35 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

molby wrote: »
    Anybody try the Hairy Pig over the Exchange,menu looks very nice.3 courses and 5 pints 35 euro.

5 pints with your meal :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

molby wrote: »

Only opening this Friday.. great value though.

menu is here if anyone wants a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

anybody get food from the re-opened Fan Dynasty over the Ulru? I wonder if its as nice as it was?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭daisy100

Looking for some suggestions for somewhere in town for an early-bird on sunday evening for my partners birthday , thanks smile.gif

Advertisement