Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horizontal eyebrow

Options
  • 22-02-2010 10:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone got this done? Whats the healing time like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Usually doesn't heal so I'm told as it's on your cheek, highly mobile and always moving :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yep, it's a surface piercing in a moving place which means you'll have a very hard time trying to get it to heal. Also think a good bit before considering getting it done as it'll leave a scar in a rather visible place. Bio-oil would help with any scarring but bear in mind it mightn't go away 100%

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Doh im a clown. its the one above the eyebrow i meant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I know a guy who has his 3 years. Do you mean horizontal eyebrow?

A Horizontal eyebrow?

031403f.jpg

Or like on your forehead?

• Advertisement

Horizontal. I got confused with the two

AFAIK it's the same as a normal (vertical) eyebrow piercing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I had mine done for about 7 or 8 months. It was done with a very small staple bar, which i was told by the guys in snakebite was the norm. As its still a surface piercing, mine didnt last too long. Was a pleasure to get (didnt hurt a bit) and really easy to care for. But your eyebrow is a very mobile place so its always on the go really.

It was one of my favourite piercings, loved it to bits and would get it again in a heartbeat if funds allowed!! It doesnt leave much of a mark, i just have a very tiny line where it was, barely noticable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I had one in each eyebrow, the piercing is called a Chester as far as I can remember. You can see my lovely eyebrows displayed in the Snakebite studio too. I had them in for a couple of years with no major issues other than getting booted in them during a Converge gig.

Going in to get it today

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Ooo please post pictures! I <3 surface piercings, and I wanted one of these but the piercer advised against it.

25595_1252074700349_1183973745_637478_1587709_n.jpg

Few days later :D
    23544_1254347557169_1183973745_641851_4687700_n.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

One hell of a bruise! Hope it heals awesomely for you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Thats one impressive lookin bruise!! Looks awesome, hope it heals well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I recently wanted this piercing but was completely put off after a chat with the guys in snakebite. Very long healing time and almost guaranteed not to last. Looks really nice though! :( I think my skin around there is too thin anyways. How annoying is it to look after Melion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

OUCH. that bruise looks sore

Its all perfectly healed now, no pain at all except if i catch something on it.

How long have you had it in for then? Its healed for now or so you think :D Hmm I am jealous, I think you need big man brows for it though, Im just a bit transparent there :p I dunno if it would be worth trying and then taking it out immediately if anything started to go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I've been considering getting this done. I had the vertical one done but it grew out.

Is it difficult to take off and put on?

• Advertisement

There is one thing i dont understand about it though. Mine is done with a curved barbell rather than a staple bar. Would that make a difference to healing? Its done about 4 weeks now and no problems.

curved barbell will put pressure on the entry and exit holes of the piercing and slowly erode it away in most cases. Unless you are in your mid to late 30's and your skin has lost it's elasticity. either way i'd get the proper jewellery put in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Yep surface bar all the way (and even then they fail in the case of my wrist)

Although I heard thet in small surface piercings e.g vertical tragus. Curved barbells work really well :confused:

I'd a vertical tragus with a curved barbell, made no difference, still rejected

Yep I was told that a curved barbell is the worst choice, will eject pretty much straight away, needs to be done with a surface bar. You look like you have a good strong bit of skin there so it could last well with a surface bar. I dont know if you can just switch the jewellery now though? Looks real nice though (unbruised!), hope it lasts.

Ahh It all depends on the person as well for some they work very well and for others and for no reason at all they reject :(
    I now want a vertical tragus but it would most likely fail for me :(

Ye its quite hard to hear from people who have had it a long time, the internet is full of pictures of fresh piercings, I always thought it was quite a straight forward piercing before I was eh enlightened!
    Diceicle wrote: »
    I had one in each eyebrow, the piercing is called a Chester as far as I can remember. You can see my lovely eyebrows displayed in the Snakebite studio too. I had them in for a couple of years with no major issues other than getting booted in them during a Converge gig.

I trust youre the guy with the lovely dark eyebrows then, you took them out in the end? Any reason? Least any marks they left on you would be concealed in your eyebrows!

Will it be worth changing the jewellery now? Even though there is no problems with it so far.

Dont change it.. Wait 6 weeks at least

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Jebus that looks sore. Looks shít cool aswell though.

Advertisement