Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6303-using youtube

• 22-02-2010 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

I just bought a Nokia 6303. In the web section under bookmarks is Youtube. When i find a video and click on it, media player opens but then tells me link cannot be found.
    Any idea what i need to do so that i can view videos?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

what happens when you put http://m.youtube.com into your phones browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

When i do that, the site opens no problem. Then if i enter a option into the search i get the list of videos like you would if using it on computer. Then if i select a video to play the media player on phone opens, it looks like its loading up and then after a bit i get the message... "no response, try again". And if i try again i get the same thing.

So any ideas anyone?

aster99 wrote: »
    When i do that, the site opens no problem. Then if i enter a option into the search i get the list of videos like you would if using it on computer. Then if i select a video to play the media player on phone opens, it looks like its loading up and then after a bit i get the message... "no response, try again". And if i try again i get the same thing.

So any ideas anyone?

Think ive come across similar problem with a n95 i think. If you go into options of the real player, and make sure the default network that you are using is selected. Haven't got a 6303 to hand to check the exact menu setup

thanks, will have a look and see what i can do. Not fully certain what menu to go to or what but i'll see

Still having no luck playing any type of video, and from what i can figure out its not just youtube. its any type of video

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Go into "Media" then "Media Player", then click the left key "Options".
    Select "Downloads" then "Streaming Settings".

Make sure your settings are in there for your carrier. ;)

Thanks. when i do that it says "no settings found. Contact your service provider" i'm with o2. do i need to contact them?

aster99 wrote: »
    Thanks. when i do that it says "no settings found. Contact your service provider" i'm with o2. do i need to contact them?

They dont help with youtube problems, as its not a problem with their network as far as they are concerned, but you can ask them for the o2 streaming settings and make sure its good on that front.

Advertisement