Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creches in Mullingar or Ballymahon

• 22-02-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,

I have recently had a baby and have just started looking at creches in Mullingar, Moyvore and Ballymahon.

I am new to the area, so don't know anyone with kids in any of the local creches.

I'd love to hear if anyone has any opinions or suggestions for creches in that area??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Where area do you live in?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 chat247

Belvedere Hills, Ballinderry, Mullingar, 044 9390977, great playschool, great staff, worth looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

there are 2 creches in Ballymahon ... Teach na leanai is run by Eileen Cooney across from the vec. Tumlin tots is the community creche located on the mostrim road adjacent to the gaa club. There's also a creche in Legan - which could be handy enough for you. Good luck with your search. For more info check out www.longfordchildcare.ie or www.westmeathchildcare.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 susquinn

I had heard great things about Grovelands in Mullingar but am not so sure now. My friend has her 21 month old there and recently has had a few niggling issues with them. It seems from others also that they do not want to her about any concerns that parents my have, a king of "my way or the highway" attitude-very nreasonable imo as all parents concerns should at least be listened to and taken on board. Would be interested to hear what others think as I will be looking for a place for my baby in 4 months time.
    By the way op, re also some wedding and parenting websites that migt be worth posting on for more opinions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Flankerb

susquinn wrote: »
    I had heard great things about Grovelands in Mullingar but am not so sure now. My friend has her 21 month old there and recently has had a few niggling issues with them. It seems from others also that they do not want to her about any concerns that parents my have, a king of "my way or the highway" attitude-very nreasonable imo as all parents concerns should at least be listened to and taken on board. Would be interested to hear what others think as I will be looking for a place for my baby in 4 months time.
    By the way op, re also some wedding and parenting websites that migt be worth posting on for more opinions
    Hearsay. What are the niggling issues elaborate?
    My son loves it. He has been there nearly a year now(12to21months). I have always found the staff to be very pleasant and professional and helpful.
    I have always found them to be very approachable about concerns and issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭coillcam

Bright Beginnings is just down the road from my home place. My little sister went there a few years back. Nice staff and a handy location about 2 miles outside of town. The have cameras setup that you can look at through your web browser too.

http://www.brightbeginningsmullingar.ie
    info@brightbeginningsmullingar.ie

Mob Tel: + 353 86 3330725

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 susquinn

Sorry only just got my pc back after a long absence. Re the concerns, they were some in relation to security e.g. door open frequently when they arrived (and she said other mums had noticed this also), concerns also that the menus were disimproving e.g. sausages, nuggets, biscuits being given more often than she would like. Also some staff came and went again quickly, she doesn't know why but thats rarely a good thing in any business. Still though everybody's experience is different, I visited and didn't get any bad vibes from them and have them on my shortlist

Advertisement