Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charity rides in wicklow

Options
  • 22-02-2010 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

just found out (too late) that there was a charity rides on in the west wicklow area da weekend before last one valantines day in dunlavan. does anyone know anything abt this? or who organizes them? or has contact details for da organizers.

i think theres ones in dunard too but i never kno when there on. id love to be able to take part in them as ive a young horse to bring on but i always seem to miss them :( would b grt if anyone here cud help me.

tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

There was a few advertised in the 'fixtures for the week ahead' section in last Saturdays Irish Field, none in Wicklow. Maybe check next weeks one.

<snip>

Mod edit: Be nice. If you have a problem with a post, please report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

There never tends to be any 'rides' advertised in the Wicklow area unless they're organised by the ILDRA, who often hold rides in Donard or Blessington, even though there seem to be regular 'charity rides' in the area.

Seems the only way to hear about them is by 'word of mouth'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Musto

Check out the calander at horseplay.ie/calendar link. It has loads of events of every type.

Musto!!

Edited to ad link

I had a quick look through the above link and didn't find any references to the rides. I'm pretty sure they are organised monthly, but they never seem to be advertised :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I've seen one or two adertised on donedeal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

You can go riding in Donard at any time, you just pay a fee locally and follow the marked rides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 confoosed

Ya, I kno that, but I wantd to go as part of a ride so that i could get my horse experience in a grp. If i wanted to go on my own id just go for a hack, but tnx anyway.

tried donedael and horseplay and did a search but nthn came up for dunard or dunlavin or evn much for charity rides. :(

the rides really do seem to b spred by mouth and seem lik their closed shop or sth?

tnx for al da replies tho. :)

Can we please try to write in English rather than text speak? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

The rides in Donard are last Sunday of month - was there yesterday. When you go on one you can give your mobile no to organisers & they will text you details of forthcoming events. I find out about them from our local riding stables. Will see if I can get contact details & post here. Wouldn't have thought it was a "closed shop"? Was around 50 or so on ride yesterday & great day out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 confoosed

can u just turn up or do u hav to have sortd it out before? and where do they start from? and how long is it? and where they go?

still havnt managed to contact da organisers.... and nobody can tell me where to go to try find out. :( and seems i just mised another one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement