Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Sim for Calls and Texts (Thailand to Ireland)

• 23-02-2010 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi I will be travelling to Thailand and I am looking for a SIM that will allow me to text/call numbers at home without costing a fortune. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations?? My own network have very expensive roaming rates. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

You can send webtexts from any Internet cafe, and receive texts for free.
    Calls are a different proposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Thai simcards are about 100 baht which is just over €2, and texts are about 1c, I used one while I was there, forget the provider name but you can get them almost anywhere, I'm pretty sure they have stands in the airport arrivals section too.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭islander35

thats great thanks, was looking for a solution to use on my phone rather than having to find an internet cafe!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭andy0

There aren't any SIMs with cheap roaming there, so get a local one

Compare networks at http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/thailand.html - and you can click on logos to go to networks' own websites (no referrals, PPGSM is just interested amateurs)

They have quite cheap international calls, via a choice of other providers selected by using different int'l prefixes like 001 008 009

Advertisement